Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

Gotemba 2005/1/31 16:26
What is the fastest and cheapest way to travel from Shinjuku to Gotemba (premium outlet)? or How to travel from Mt Fuji to Gotemba?
by cl  

I'm a Japanese girl. 2005/1/31 18:54
The cheapest way from Shinjuku to Gotenba is:
take Odakyu-odawara-line(by express) from Shinjuku to Shinmatsuda,
and walk to Matsuda station(You'll walk for 1 minute).
And take JR-gotenba-line from Matsuda to gotenba.
It costs 1230yen in all and it takes about 2 and a half hour.

But the easiest way is taking JR-limited express-asagiri-line from Shinjuku to Gotenba.
It takes 2 and a half hour,but it costs 2520yen.

Sorry,I don't know how to get Gotenba from Mt.Fuji...

I hope you'll have a good trip!
by Mayu rate this post as useful

Thanks for the info 2005/1/31 19:10
Mayu,
thanks. Seems like for both ways I need to travel for 2 1/2 hrs. I guess I will go for the cheaper option. 1230yen is one way I assume?
by cl rate this post as useful

No problem! 2005/1/31 19:20
Yes,the 1230yen is the cheapest way!

I'm sorry for my poor English..

Your english is great! 2005/2/1 01:04
Hi Mayu,

Where in Shinjuku can I get the train tickets for Odakyu-odawara?
If I change trains at Matsuda do I need to get another ticket to board the Gotenba line?
Is there a round trip ticket? Should I buy a pass?

I am thinking of going to Mt Fuji also is it near Gotenba?

Sori I have so many questions..

Thank you very much!!!! 2005/2/1 12:52
Hi cl,

You can buy Odakyu-odawara line ticket at Oadakyu ticket office in Shinjuku.

Yes,you need to get another ticket to board the Gotenba line.
It is a one-way ticket.
I think there's no pass,maybe.

I don't know which station is the nearest from Mt.Fuji,so I iquired.
Maybe,the station is Fujiyoshida.
Mt.Fuji is near from Gotenba,but if you get to Fujiyoshida station,you should go from Shinjuku station.
The way is;
take JR-chuo-line(express) to Hachioji,and take chuo-hon line to Otsuki.
Then change to Fuji-express-fujisan line(express)to Fujiyoshida.
It costs 2570yen and it takes 2 and 50minutes.
This is the cheapest way.

You are welcome! 2005/2/1 17:55
Hi Mayu,

What about Hakone? Should I visit Hakone hot spring, then go for shopping in Gotemba?

Which is the best spa to go in hakone?

Do you think i will have enough time fpr shopping later?

Hi, 2005/2/1 19:43
Hi,if you go Hakone from Shinjuku,you have only to take one train.
It's Odakyu-express-hakone line and you take to Hakone-yumoto station.
It costs 2020yen and takes 1hour and 40minutes.

I have been to Hakone once and there're so many spa.
I recommend you to stay Hakone one night,and go to Gotemba.

There's some way to go Gotemba from Hakone,but you have to change trains many times.

... 2005/2/2 17:22
There is a faster and almost equally inexpensive transportation option between Shinjuku and Gotemba, which is the Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus.

It is a direct bus, which takes only 100 minutes and costs 1630 Yen one way or only 2900 Yen for a round trip ticket.

There is a bus every 30 minutes, departing from bus stop number 35 in front of the Odakyu Halc building on the west side of Shinjuku Station. Here is a map:
http://www.odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/timetable/map/map_1016.htm

Where in Shinjuku can I get the train tickets for Odakyu-odawara?

At the Odakyu ticket vending machines in the Odakyu Shinjuku Station.

If I change trains at Matsuda do I need to get another ticket to board the Gotenba line?

Yes, you buy the ticket at the JR ticket vending machine at Matsuda Station.

Is there a round trip ticket?

No.

Should I buy a pass?

I think there is no pass for that trip. But if you also want to visit Hakone, you may consider the Hakone Free Pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html

I am thinking of going to Mt Fuji also is it near Gotenba?

Yes, it is relatively near. Gotemba is kind of at the foot of Mount Fuji. There are direct Fujikyu buses from Gotemba to Lake Kawaguchi, which is even closer to Mount Fuji. The buses take about one hour from Gotemba to Lake Kawaguchi and cost about 1500 Yen one way.

From Lake Kawaguchi, there are direct buses back to Shinjuku. Here is more information about the Fuji Five Lakes:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6900.html

Or, yes, you could go to Hakone. Hakone is only a 30 minute bus ride from Gotemba by the same Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus, which operates between Shinjuku and Gotemba (mentioned above).
by Uji rate this post as useful

odakyu highway bus 2005/2/3 17:38
Hi Uji

Is it advisable to go to Hakone 1st then shopping in Gotemba? What time does these places close?

Does the round trip bus ticket cover the trip from Hakone to Gotemba? Or have to buy another ticket for that?

Do you have any good hotsprings to recommend in Hakone that has Yukata pools and is cheap w/ view of mt fuji?

Thanks so much

one more thing! 2005/2/3 18:01
Hi Uji

Sori I missed out to ask you:

Does the bus stop at the JR gotemba station as there is a free shuttle service to the premium outlet from there, or does the bus go direct to the premium outlet. Do you have info about this also?

... 2005/2/3 19:54
Is it advisable to go to Hakone 1st then shopping in Gotemba? What time does these places close?

Visit the outdoor attractions before it gets dark (around 4 in winter, around 7 in summer) and the stores before they close. I am sorry, I don't know the opening hours of the mall in Gotemba, which you intend to visit.

Does the round trip bus ticket cover the trip from Hakone to Gotemba? Or have to buy another ticket for that?

The bus goes from Shinjuku to Hakone and stops in Gotemba along the way. If you go to Hakone first, buy a ticket from Shinjuku all the way to Hakone.

By the way, there are many stops in the Hakone area. A good stop to get off is "Togendai" at the shores of Lake Ashi. Sightseing boats and the ropeway depart from there.

Does the bus stop at the JR gotemba station

Yes, it stops at JR Gotemba Station. Sorry, I am not familiar with the outlet.

Gotemba website 2005/2/4 21:17
Maybe you like to check from the below link too.

http://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/gotemba/access.html
by Jessie rate this post as useful

... 2005/2/5 08:29
As you can see on the website posted by Jessie, to reach the outlet from Shinjuku, it may be slightly quicker to get off at the "Tomei Gotemba" bus stop rather than "Gotemba Station". The shuttle bus to the outlet also passes by "Tomei Gotemba" bus stop.

.. 2005/2/6 14:40
Hi Uji

So I can buy a round trip ticket all the way to Hakone from Shinjuku and board the bus again using the same ticket to Tomei Gotemba and later back to shinjuku?

Do you happen to know if I should board and alight at the Tomei Gotemba station back to shinjuku?
by Cher rate this post as useful

... 2005/2/7 11:32
So I can buy a round trip ticket all the way to Hakone from Shinjuku and board the bus again using the same ticket to Tomei Gotemba and later back to shinjuku?

No. You have to buy separate tickets if you get on and off.

All seats on these buses are reserved. You can either make an advance reservation or, if the bus is not full, buy the ticket in the bus (if you don't go on weekends, holidays or peak trael seasons, probably the buses will not be full, but I cannot guarantee).

Advance reservations can be made by phone (03-3344-0519, maybe no English speaker available), through a travel agent or by going to the Odakyu Highway Bus ticket counter on the first floor of the Odakyu Halc building. Here is a map:
http://www.odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/timetable/map/map_1016.htm

Do you happen to know if I should board and alight at the Tomei Gotemba station back to shinjuku?

I think it makes little difference whether you board at "Tomei Gotemba" or "Gotemba Station". The free shuttle bus from the outlet stops at both stations. Because it stops first at "Tomei Gotemba", you might be able to catch an earlier bus than if you change at Gotemba Station.

Hakone & Gotemba pass 2005/2/10 19:08
Hi,

If you are planning to visit Hakone from shinjuku, better get a hakone free pass.. Its worth for its 5000( approximately ) Yens.. I suppose you can travel to hakone for two days, and even to Gotemba, and use all the facilities in Hakone, any number of times. All fares inclused in the pass. It will definitely worth the amount.
by Gops rate this post as useful

shuttle bus 2005/2/12 14:45
There is a shuttle bus to Gotemba Premium Outlet from Shibuya Station every weekends.
It costs 2800yen.
http://www.tokyubus.co.jp/top/news/2004/0812.html

8:30 Shibuya
10:05 GPO
and
14:30 GPO
16:05 Shibuya

That would be the most confortable way.
by washi rate this post as useful

Mt. Fuji climbing staff 2005/7/16 11:56
hello, i was stationed at camp fuji outside of gotemba between 81 and82. a friend and myself climed Mt. Fuji walking from gotemba and back. before returning back to the usa. on the way my walking staff had gotten lost. i want to replace the walking staff any help would be appreciated. thanks
by dewey lee rate this post as useful

I live in Gotemba 2005/9/14 13:47
Hey, I live in Gotemba. You would like to purchase a new walking staff correct? Then would like it sent to America? Let me know, I know some people working at camp fuji, I'll see what I can do.
by Kieran rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

reply to this thread