Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which Language school is better? 2016/2/13 06:49
Hi! I am from India.
I am planning to go to Japan to study Japanese.
I have cleared JLPT N5, and I have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science Engineering.
Fukuoka Foreign Language School & Kansai College of Business and Languages both provide a Technical Associate Degree in Japanese after a 2 years course.
I am really interested in languages ( learning both Japanese and Korean) and I was planning to become an technical interpreter required in IT companies, or something where I can use both the skills.
I already have 2 years experience in IT.

I don't want to prepare for college, I am more interested in getting a full time work and work visa.
Can someone please suggest me which school would be better?
by IndianGirl (guest)  

Re: Which Language school is better? 2016/2/14 14:45
Does either of the schools/colleges have courses that train you as an interpreter? Just out of college with language skills, as against interpreting skills, might not be sufficient to get you started as an interpreter. I have no idea if 2 years as IT is enough to land you an IT (engineer) type of job, but is that something you'd consider?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Language school is better? 2016/2/14 14:54
Yes it's mentioned that kansai college provides business Japanese preparation classes for people interested in getting full time jobs.
And, maybe fukuoka too, I saw that in a video by gogonihon site
by IndianGirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Language school is better? 2016/2/14 15:06
"Business Japanese preparation classes" would get you to work amongst Japanese colleagues in Japanese, but not as "professional interpreter."

Just speaking the language for your own communication, and "interpreting" between the two languages for others, are two different things :)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Language school is better? 2016/2/15 03:04
You do have a point. Thank you for replying ^^
by IndianGirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Language school is better? 2016/3/15 01:02
Kai japanese language school has a strict NO REFUND policy.
family emergency....unsatisfied with the classes or teachers.......... too bad
not one cent to get back.
something to keep in mind before you sign up.
by Lisa Ford (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Language school is better? 2016/3/27 11:16
Hi,

I am also from India, completed BCA and searching for best school to learn Japanese in Japan. Did you get any information about the selection of Japanese school . Most of the Japanese institutions provide student visa to learn Japanese language for 2 years by that time we can do part time work. It's difficult for me to selection of the best school. Please reply and share the info.

by Indian (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread