Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Candles for present 2016/2/22 19:02
Hey. I have a Japanese friend and she and her family have called me for dinner this weekend. I obviously do not want to go to her house empty handed. So I was thinking of gifting her, some of the scented candles, Ifve been making. Has candles got anything to do with Japanese culture. I happen to hear something like that. Would like to know whether candle would be right to gift a Japanese family.
by Ann Jo (guest)  

Re: Candles for present 2016/2/23 15:03
Would love to hear some reply soon. Cause if candles are right, then I'll have to order for clear plastic packages for it, http://www.clearpak.com/gallery/?album=15 and if candles are not right then need to search for some other gifts.
by Ann Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Candles for present 2016/2/23 18:37
Candles would be lovely, especially if they're handmade! I'm Japanese and I see nothing wrong about it. Candles are typical gifts, and I've had Japanese people bringing them along for dinner at our home. Hope you have fun!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Candles for present 2016/2/24 17:40
Hi
I am Japanese.

Japan's home weekly to light a candle does not have much. Japanese people like to brighten in the office of such lighting in your living room. It may be because dangerous and darken so maybe the room is narrow. But that light the candle I think very pleased. But you might not like to darken a long period of time.
In Japan, the home there is a possibility that does not have a candle stand. You may want to bring a candle stand together.
by shige (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread