Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/22 23:51
I just accepted a position as an ALT and I will start in April. I am currently living in China and I wondered if it's better to buy suits here or in Japan. Are suits expensive in Japan and is it hard to get 'western' sizes there (as it is in Thailand where I'm XXL)?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I usually get very useful info on the forums here so thanks in advance,
by squarefred  

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/23 16:24
Hi
You can try to consider the order suit?

http://www.order-suits.com/
http://atmens.co.jp/
by shige (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/23 16:26

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/23 20:42
Pop into your nearest Uniqlo and see what they have. The Japanese chain have over 200 stores in China.

Suits can be purchased for a wide variety of prices in any country.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/24 09:32
Thanks David, but Uniqlo don't sell suits in my city (Weihai). Do they sell suits in Japan? If so, that's probably my best option. I should have clarified - I only have a budget of about 2000 CNY (40,000 yen or so) for clothes so I'm definitely looking for the cheapest I can get that are still wearable.
by squarefred rate this post as useful

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/24 12:47
You need to write their own height and weight.

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/24 16:42
Uniqlo sells some suit separates, but I don't think they'll have your size since they max out at around a Japanese L or maybe LL. There are lots of suit shops like Aoyama and Aoki, with a range from 10,000 to about 30,000 yen. If I recall correctly most have a big/tall section although I'm not sure how big they actually get. Can you give us a more specific idea of your suit size (XXL is a little too general)?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/24 16:46
I don't know my suit size. Seems like it's better I get them here in China before I leave from a chain store as I only have one day to shop in Tokyo before I go to Fukushima for training.
Thanks for the input.
by squarefred rate this post as useful

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/24 16:54
In that case, definitely get one before you leave. Suits often need tailoring, which typically takes a few days from when you purchased them.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Buying suits in Japan (ALT)? 2016/2/24 17:01
How tall are you? Weight?

reply to this thread