Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Naoshima Island restaurants 2016/2/26 04:59
We shall be in Naoshima 2 nights. Any recommendations for reasonable meals. I heard the re are not many restaurants. Is it wise to bring our snacks. Our breakfasts are included in our accomodation.
Thank you
by Christine (guest)  

Re: Naoshima Island restaurants 2016/2/26 10:20
The last time I was there was a few years ago. At that time they had just built one or two new restaurants around Miyanoura port but I don't think they were open past lunch. Otherwise, most people eat at their accommodations. Where will you be staying? There are probably a few more restaurants around, so best inquire with your accommodation for suggestions.

Btw, we splurged on an amazing dinner one night at the Benesse House and the other was a nice yakiniku bbq when we stayed at the Yurts. I think they were totally worth it especially since travelling around the island in the evening is kind of a pain if you don't have a car.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island restaurants 2016/2/26 22:42
There's a map of restaurants on Naoshima online somewhere (can't remember where, unfortunately).

The food at Benesse is (expensive, but) excellent. Otherwise, there are some places around the port, and some places in Honmura (although I don't know whether they open at dinner, I've only been there for lunch). There's also a couple of places in the first little village you come to if you walk from Benesse, past the yurt village, and onwards along that road past the pond.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island restaurants 2016/3/30 03:06
I found two restaurants that serves dinner in Honmura, SetoUchi (close to Minamidera) serves good teishoku with seafood, Cafe Salon is another good option for dinner.

It's much easier to find restaurants for lunch. I ate at Cafe Konnichiwa (kare with seafood) and Cinammon (kare with deep fried oyster)and both were good too.
by Burajirian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island restaurants 2016/3/30 21:00
A Google search for "restaurants naoshima island" gives some information
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread