Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsusaka beef 2016/2/29 20:23
Hey all,

Heading to Japan in April and wondering if anyone can give me some advice on where to go for Matsusaka beef?
I'll be in Osaka and Kyoto but I'm also traveling to nearby areas on a JR Pass.
Is it worth going to Matsusaka, or can you get just as good (legit) Matsusaka beef in Osaka for example?

Any advice / suggestions welcome :-)
Cheers,
Ryan
by Ryan (guest)  

Re: Matsusaka beef 2016/3/2 09:18
by silver spoon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsusaka beef 2016/3/3 07:40
Another option is Omi (Ohmi) beef which you get at Hikone. Hikone is very close to Kyoto (just off from Maibara) and it is a brilliant little town which hasnt yet (well as at 2013 when I was there) been overrun by overseas tourists, though it it really popular with Japanese.

The beef is great. I cant recall how it is different to Matsusaka because I had them in different trips, and anyway I find the wagyu so rich that I cant have a lot of it. I've also had Hiroshima beef, and Kobe beef, and pretty much every ryokan I've stayed at has served a local beef and to tell you the truth I liked them all and couldnt say what made any one better than the other, though I didnt think Hida beef was as oily so I could eat more of it.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread