Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I become a citizen of japan? 2005/2/3 12:06
I just wondering can someone else from another country become a citizen in japan. I know this christian preacher who moved to japan and lives there. I don't think he or his family was japanese at all. Is a non japanese person able to live in japan and become a citizen or at least live there for awhile?
by Robert  

Yes! 2005/2/3 12:38
Yes, it typically takes 5-10 years to acquire the Japanese citizenship.
by Uji rate this post as useful

That's cool 2005/2/3 13:00
So you have to live there that long to become a citizen? or not? that's ok its not bad its good if a person is really driven to live there. Is it nice there?
by Robert rate this post as useful

website 2005/2/4 00:02
Take a look around this website Robert and you can see what Japan is all about. Like any country, there are pros and cons!

And yeah, you'd need to be a resident for a specified time, 5-10 years as stated.
by Cole rate this post as useful

to become japan citizen 2008/2/15 14:24
is it possible that husband of japanese can get or become japanese citizen
by Gurung Netra Prasad rate this post as useful

Citizenship 2008/2/15 15:46
Gurung Netra Prasad,

is it possible that husband of japanese can get or become japanese citizen

Yes, it is possible. Didn't you read the comments above?
However, just being married to a Japanese national doesn't automatically entitle you to Japanese citizenship.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Japan 2008/12/4 09:36
Uh guys I think that if you want to become a Japanese citizen than you must renounce your other citizenship
by Adam rate this post as useful

Yes, but... 2008/12/12 00:33
Take a look at David Aldwinkle's site http://www.debito.org/
He became a Japanese citizen - and also a fiery critic of Japan too
by stewart rate this post as useful

reply to this thread