Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/3 19:52
Hi All,

We love Japanese KitKat Flavours! We have spent a lot of time on our previous trips looking for different flavours, but the only ones we can find are Green Tea, Pumpkin and cheesecake, often these have been found in the Don Quijote stores or drug stores.

We will be visiting Hakata, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Nagasaki and Tokyo at the end of the month, can anyone tell us where to buy the rare flavours, people say there are shops with huge selections, but we are obviously not looking hard enough

Thanks in advance
by Rinupanu  

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/3 22:03
Train stations' souvenir/convenience shops have them and usually have the regional varieties as well as the nationwide kind.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/4 00:24
There's a Daimaru department store next to Tokyo station (east side), and in the basement there's a big KitKat specialty shop that seems to stock pretty much all the special versions of KitKat - I'd start there.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/4 06:38
The Kit Kat specialty store that Umami Dearest mentioned is your best bet. If you are flying home from Narita, there is a shop in terminal 1, before you go through security, that has a pretty big selection. You just have to remember to shop before you check-in your luggage. I don't think you will be able to take it through security with your carry on.
by TS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/4 07:02
Thanks guys.

We have been to all the special shops in Nagoya, Tokyo and Ikebukuro but they're more of a premium chocolate and are quite expensive, we are hoping to find some of those Sake flavours that were just released when we go at the end of the month! fingers crossed!
by Rinupanu rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/4 11:25
My teenage boys found run & raisin kitkat balls- Dec 2015- everyone who tried them loved them- and like a previous poster we found them at a tiny train station shop at JR Komagome on the Yamanote line.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/4 11:25
*Rum and raisin
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/5 16:26
The sake flavour I found in a Lawson last month, but I also saw them in a few souvenir shops. They were okay.

I didn't check this trip, but last trip (in 2014) there was a shop in Character Street underneath Tokyo Station (near the Marunochi north exit if I remember correctly) that had lots of different kit kat flavours. From there I think we got at least five or six different flavours like rum and raisin, sweet potato/taro, wasabi and a few others that have escaped my mind. The others we got from souvenir shops and train stations along our trip.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/5 20:17
If you can't find them in Japan, the more exotic flavours are usually available on ebay.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/6 12:26
there was a shop in Character Street underneath Tokyo Station (near the Marunochi north exit if I remember correctly) that had lots of different kit kat flavours.

I'm pretty sure that's the same shop that I recommended above, in the basement of Daimaru, and just down the corridor from "Character Street." Either that or there are two different KitKat specialty shops within a minute of each other, which seems unlikely.

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/6 13:35
I'm pretty sure that's the same shop that I recommended above, in the basement of Daimaru, and just down the corridor from "Character Street." Either that or there are two different KitKat specialty shops within a minute of each other, which seems unlikely.

Possibly, I just entered it from Tokyo station and there was nothing to suggest that it was part of Daimaru, so I didn't know that it was the same thing. All information that I had read guiding me to it had said it was part of character street.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/6 13:57
Ah, I skipped over the date you went there - 2014.

I think the KitKat Chocolatory dates from early 2015, so it did in fact open just down the corridor from the Character Street that you went to. Here are some photos of the Chocolatory in Daimaru: http://www.lattejapan.com/tokyo-station-kit-kat-chocolatory/

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/6 17:23
Hi All,

When you are talking about character street, is that the one below Tokyo station which is also next to ramen street? with the Glico shop,if so we checked out then there in September 2015 as this was mentioned previously and couldn't find a single KitKat unfortunately.

Thanks

by Rinupanu rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/6 20:34
I just buy kitkats at the airport when leaving.

The character street mentioned above:
http://www.tokyoeki-1bangai.co.jp/

by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/6 20:43
so we checked out then there in September 2015 as this was mentioned previously and couldn't find a single KitKat unfortunately.

By September 2015 the KitKat Chocolatory was already open, and just a minute or two away from Character Street, so that's where everyone goes now.

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/8 00:53
We saw the sake flavour last month at Narita as we left the airport to go into Tokyo. We also saw it on the way back in.

There's a place called GiftTrip Japan Duty Free in Aqua City Odaiba that also had some.
by edincoat rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy KitKats 2016/3/9 10:27
If you go to Akihabara, there is a souvenir shop on 1st floor of the Radio Kaikan. It sells most of the special flavours including Japanese Sake flavours.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/japan/tokyo/shopping/books/akihabara-radio...
by pat (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread