Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

online searches to check visa applicants? 2016/3/3 21:29
I know there are no formal background checks when someone applies for a work or spouse visa, but does anyone have any evidence to suggest that Japanese immigration performs Google searches to check or gather background information about visa applicants?
by swedishchef (guest)  

Re: online searches to check visa applicants? 2016/3/4 22:15
...that would mean someone in the immigration office needs to understand enough English to read the search results, which at least going by the staff in my local office, it's more likely pigs will fly. It doesn't hurt to clean up your history a bit if you can, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: online searches to check visa applicants? 2016/3/5 00:38
the government will treat you that your applications contain only the truths. they don't need to search your information in internet, because they always have a right to cancel your residential status even after a long term stay. a false declaration is a very good and easy reason to do that.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread