Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/11 00:45
Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried to order goods that have Japan-only delivery (say from Amazon Japan) to their hotel rooms/accommodations? Do hotels usually hold packages for you, and how would you ensure the packages come during your period of stay?

Any tips would be appreciated!
by Michelle (guest)  

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/11 14:34
If possible, have it shipped at a nearby convenience store. If it is not possible (on Amazon it is not possible for certain items), ask your hotel. If it is sent through Japan Post, it is also possible to go pick it up at the post office before it is delivered (usually it arrives at the post office the evening before, you can see it in the tracking page).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/11 15:44
Thanks a lot, it's a great help! Didn't know you could pick it up at convenience stores.

For anyone looking for the process, I found this website:

https://medium.com/@lazypatric/ordering-stuff-online-and-picking-it-up...
by Michelle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/12 16:52
I do the majority of our shopping while in Japan on Amazon and have it delivered to the hotel- front desk is always happy to keep it for me.

Amazon Japan on check out tells you when it will be delivered- and usually it's very fast- I can order before leaving for the day out and it's delivered by night time the same day.

The price on the things I buy (toys, kitchen stuff and books) is usually the cheapest I find but the convenience of delivery can't be overstated.

Happy shopping!
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/12 18:26
Thanks for the tips jojo! A few questions though:

1) Did you have to inform the hotel beforehand that you'd be getting a package delivered there?
2) From your experience, how reliable is the stated delivery dates? Occasionally when I use Amazon for my country, the actual delivery can be 1 week +/- off. Just a little concerned if the package arrives after my last day at the hotel.

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/12 19:30
It's polite to let the hotel know to expect a package for you. Just common courtesy.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/12 21:02
For delivery dates, if you selected it during the check-out process, it will be respected (there may be additional shipping fees). Otherwise, it can be off by +/- 1 day, especially when shipping with Japan Post (Kuroneko is usually stricter with delivery dates, and no, you can't choose, at least not for standard shipping).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/13 11:22
Yes, polite to let them know, but it has never been an issue.

Checkout process for a very small fee you can have it delivered within a timed window e.g.. the following day 8a-12p.

Maybe I've been lucky but in the many times I've used Amazon they've never let me down- parcel arrived as promised.

Before the checkout process it tells you when to expect it or the available windows you can book so it's not a surprise. I don't have anything delivered on the last day of our stay just to be sure- and sometimes I jump the gun and buy the day before we leave and it's waiting for when we check in.

Amazon Japan should pay me to be an ambassador- I can't fault their service!

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/15 07:34
my cousin bought something from Amazon Japan and have it delivered to the hotel for me to pick it up and bring it back home.
She called the hotel to confirm there's a package for me (hotel booked under my name). The package arrived 2 days before i arrived in Japan. Upon checking in, without needing to ask for the parcel, the concierge took out the parcel and gave it to me.
by earthgurl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/15 10:15
Thank everyone for the tips, they're really useful! To clarify, you simply wrote in the address of the hotel in the delivery address field right? Since from my understanding, there's a different field altogether for convenience store delivery.

Re: Ordering goods to hotel room 2016/3/15 12:10
Yes your name as it appears on your passport and you check in with and the exact address of hotel.

reply to this thread