Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Receive call on Viber/Data SIM? 2016/3/12 23:24
Would anybody be able to educate me? I have been searching and searching , but I have not been able to find an answer.

My husband I live in UK and both use an Android phone with a UK network operator. We are going to Japan on holiday soon and got ourselves a Japanese data SIM each, as we don't want to have roaming on. We will be using our Viber. I know we will be able to contact each other and call people back home.

Now, my question is: would it be possible for me to receive a call from somebody on a Japanese landline or mobile? If so, on which number, the Japanese data SIM number or my UK number registered with viber (although the UK SIM is out)?

Please don't laugh, if I'm making a daft question. I wanted to know and have no clue how these things work.
I'd appreciate it, if someone could help...

by kd (guest)  

Re: Receive call on Viber/Data SIM? 2016/3/13 13:22
Definitely not on your Japanese Sim Data only number.
Just tried calling my Japan Sim Data only number.
It won't connect, so you can't receive call on the number.

Not sure about your UK number. But my thought will be if your SIM card is taken out, i.e. not connected, doubt it will receive call and forward it to Viber.

Lets see what other have to say...
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Receive call on Viber/Data SIM? 2016/3/15 00:53
Thenk you so much for your clear answer. Now I know. :)
I wish I could just buy a PAYG SIM for both calls and data over there.
by kd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Receive call on Viber/Data SIM? 2016/3/15 02:03
I wish I could just buy a PAYG SIM for both calls and data over there.

You could rent a Japanese cell phone for your trip. Or even a pocket wifi.

http://www.globaladvancedcomm.com/
by [] (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread