Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying US Postage in Japan 2016/3/15 16:13
This is a bit of an unusual situation, but I need to send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the US. I keep a mail forwarding address in the States, so I don't need to worry about them sending it to me internationally, but is there a way to buy US postage in Japan to put on the envelope?

I suppose I could order stamps online and then have them forwarded to me (a stamp-collecting friend appears to be correct in their assertion that the USPS store doesn't ship internationally), but I was just curious if there was a more direct option available.

Thanks in advance.
by Harimogura  

Re: Buying US Postage in Japan 2016/3/15 20:04
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reply_coupon

This may be one way; you buy this in Japan, enclose it with the envelope you need someone in the States to send back to you, and this can be exchanged with the actual stamps (if it fits under that weight specified).

It is called "kokusai henshin kitte ken" in Japanese (of course in your case you need to buy this in Japan).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying US Postage in Japan 2016/3/15 23:52
This is kind of a convoluted way of doing this, but I know you can purchase postage stamps on ebay and amazon...

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Buying US Postage in Japan 2016/3/16 01:40
At the office we use either stamps.com or USPS.com to print out our own stamps. I recommend using a sticker label though.

by MikeTI rate this post as useful

reply to this thread