Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone use Yahoo Auction before? 2016/3/18 16:09
Hi,
I'm bidding goods from Yahoo Auction Japan by my own. But I realize later that the seller mainly accept Yahoo!かんたん決済 (Yahoo! simple settlement). So I wonder whether it can be paid by foreigner visa, because i have googled about it but the information is too old. If anyone know please tell me!!!
by Fay (guest)  

Re: Anyone use Yahoo Auction before? 2016/3/18 20:54
It depends on the card you have.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use Yahoo Auction before? 2016/3/18 21:10
Use some common sense please. If foreigners are able to simply do payment on Yahoo Auction easily on their own, why is there a need and existence for popular proxy forwarders/bidding agents such as Buyee.jp (part of Tenso forwarding service) around?

The main reasons bidding agents/forwarder companies such as Buyee are around are precisely because these companies mainly cater and help solve the problems of being unable to purchase and forward goods available from Yahoo Auction japanese sellers for overseas people located outside of Japan region.

And even if you are able to solve the payment transaction issues on YAJ yourself via bank payments via the help of someone located physically in Japan, you are only usually allowed to bid for items up to 4,999 JPY in bidding value limit that's all. In order to be able to bid 5,000 JPY and above you have to strictly be a Yahoo Premium member. (which comes with a monthly membership subscription payment, and it generally cannot be paid/settled with an overseas bank-issued Visa or Mastercard CC)

In short, you will never be able to successfully do Yahoo!かんたん決済 online payment for any form of Yahoo Auction bids with an overseas-issued debit or credit card (it has to be a japanese bank-issued approved credit card). I hope this answers your above question.
by YAJhelper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use Yahoo Auction before? 2016/3/18 21:39
In short, you will never be able to successfully do Yahoo!かんたん決済 online payment for any form of Yahoo Auction bids with an overseas-issued debit or credit card (it has to be a japanese bank-issued approved credit card).

What do you have to back this up?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use Yahoo Auction before? 2016/3/18 22:05
Firas, if you are a foreigner and currently living outside of Japan, do enlighten us and tell me something I don't know then. FYI, I have personally been shopping on Yahoo Auction and buying stuff from there since 2009. I have done my own research well and from what I understand, there is currently no way for foreign-issued bank cards that can be accepted and used for settling Yahoo! Kantan kessai payment.

I hope to be proven wrong. Please kindly state your country origin and which bank insititution your card is issued from. That should help shed some light on this matter. You sound like you are issuing a in-your-face verbal challenge at me, and I hope you have something proper to backup your defensive statements too.
by YAJhelper (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone use Yahoo Auction before? 2016/3/18 23:02
Use some common sense please. If foreigners are able to simply do payment on Yahoo Auction easily on their own, why is there a need and existence for popular proxy forwarders/bidding agents such as Buyee.jp (part of Tenso forwarding service) around?

International payment is actually quite easy to do via regular wire transfer, but pretty cost prohibitive for relatively inexpensive purchases.

The forwarding services exist primarily to solve the problem of domestic sellers refusing to ship internationally. Some companies also help with the language and payment issues in addition to shipping.

In short, you will never be able to successfully do Yahoo!かんたん決済 online payment for any form of Yahoo Auction bids with an overseas-issued debit or credit card (it has to be a japanese bank-issued approved credit card). I hope this answers your above question.

Yahoo wallet says that major credit cards are accepted, but that there are exceptions where certain banks won't work. I've run into this issue myself, and users report issues trying to register foreign cards as well.

So basically for most people it ends up that it is very difficult to buy from Yahoo Auctions from overseas without the help of an intermediary service (or friends/family in Japan), unless you find the rare seller that ships overseas. And even in that case the payment fees may be cost-prohibitive.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread