Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hida Beef in Kanazawa/Toyama/Matsumoto 2016/3/19 12:12
Hello all!

I will be visiting these places in May and wonder if it's possible to find Hida beef in that region?

If so, can you please let me know the names of restaurants? Actually I would have more days in Kanazawa than the other 2 cities.

Thank you very much!
by chloebb (guest)  

Re: Hida Beef in Kanazawa/Toyama/Matsumoto 2016/3/21 11:30
I havent seen it outside of Takayama.

Hida beef is nowhere near as rich as a lot of other wagyu, as it has far less marbling. That means that it is great for beef sashimi and perfect grilled on skewers. It also means that you can eat plenty more of it. One of my daughters had about 5 serves of beef sashimi at Takayama, then went back later that day for more.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hida Beef in Kanazawa/Toyama/Matsumoto 2016/3/22 13:15
I've tried it in Takayama and hoping to get to eat this again in my upcoming trip!
by chloebb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hida Beef in Kanazawa/Toyama/Matsumoto 2016/3/22 15:35
Apologies to jump in on this, but chloebb (or anybody else), do you have any personal recommendations for Hida beef in Takayama? I'm looking forward to Sukiyaki specifically, but I'm not too sure if they cater to solo travellers.
by Shiba (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hida Beef in Kanazawa/Toyama/Matsumoto 2016/3/25 12:42
I personally recommend Maruaki. I have eaten here twice and really enjoyed it!

This link may be of use: http://www.insidekyoto.com/best-places-to-eat-in-takayama

by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hida Beef in Kanazawa/Toyama/Matsumoto 2016/3/25 13:35
I dont know about for sukyaki, but for gyudon, beef skewers, and beef sashimi there is a place across from the red bridge from memory which is awesome. It is all black inside with chalk drawings.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hida Beef in Kanazawa/Toyama/Matsumoto 2016/3/25 15:47
@Lazy Pious

That might be Kyoya Restaurant...
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread