Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

certificate of eligibility (status) 2005/2/7 04:10
Hi everybody,

I have a contract as a trainee with a company in Japan. But now we have a little problem with applying for a “Certificate of Eligibility”.
That’s the problem: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs need some documents to apply for a “Certificate of Eligibility”. To apply I need a status (like trainee). But If I’m a trainee, I have to send “Material showing the outline of the foreign organization which is sending the person concerned.”. But no company is sending me, I’m chucked my job and applied as a trainee. Now I have a position, but no visa.
The Japanese Ambassador mean that it is not necessary to dispatch from a organization or company.

What are your experience? Can somebody help me?

Thanks
by strong  

the certificate 2005/2/7 21:39
Well, my husband is a scholarship fellow here. Before my son and I moved here, my husband applied for the certificate the local immigration office and they were quite helpful. What if the company that 'hires' you provides you with some kind of letter informing that you are a trainee at their company? That's how it goes with my husband. Hope that can help.
by Mutiara rate this post as useful

Apply again certificate of eligibility 2008/1/19 03:13
Dear friends,
My company sponsored me 1 year training in Japan about 2 years ago. I obtained certificate of eligibiity as status of trainee at that time.
Recently, my same company plan to sponsor me for 1 year training again.
1. Could I apply certificate of eligibility (COE) as status of trainee again ? Will immigration officer reject my application ?
2. What is the minimum requirement (in years) between the previous and current application of COE for trainee status ?

Looking for your help. Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.
by Meng rate this post as useful

reply to this thread