Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a pet while on vacation 2016/3/26 22:14
Hi,
So I'm wondering if anyone is knowledgeable on pet regulations. My girlfriend and I visit her family in Japan every year. Recently we have been wanting a new pet. Particularly a Shiba Inu. We live in Guam which is considered a rabies free country. We visit the local pet shop when we were there last October but didn't get a chance to ask about bringing a pet over. Now I know it would probably be easier if we were to be staying in Japan aND then relocating but since we will just be there on vacation for maybe a week at most. Does anyone have any information on requirements about purchasing a pet and brining it back home? Any information is great. Thank you very much.
by Sylenxing  

Re: Buying a pet while on vacation 2016/3/27 11:26
You would need to look at the regulations of your country, not the regulations of Japan. Does your country have laws about importing animals? If it is a rabies-free country, you will likely need to place to pet in quarantine for a certain amount of time before you can bring it to your home.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread