Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan grocery stores with overseas shipping 2016/3/30 04:10
When in Japan I find many grocery items (not fresh or cold storage ones) that are not available at home or at expensive prices in asian stores several miles away from here.

I usually visit Amazon.co.jp for Japanese book shopping. They also sell grocery items but do not ship to Europe.

Does anyone know any reliable online shop for Japanese food products that ship abroad?

Thank you in advance!

by Swede (guest)  

Re: Japan grocery stores with overseas shipping 2016/3/30 16:52
Have you checked out Rakuten Global Market? I have never used them, as I fill a suitcase with the goodies I want when I travel, and take them back, but when you look at Rakuten website they seem to cover a wide range of goods, with prices in your local currency.
Of course you'd have to take into consideration what your local customs allow and charge.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan grocery stores with overseas shipping 2016/3/30 17:02
I have used jlist.com and whiterabbitjapan.com in the past; they do the job as advertised, but the range of items can feel restricted compared to what you can get in Japan.

White Rabbit also has a package forwarding service if you want to order from a seller which ships only to Japan.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan grocery stores with overseas shipping 2016/3/31 03:39
I think I checked out Rakuten some time before, but was not sure if the sellers did shipping here or not so I gave up hope. Had Amazon.co.jp allowed for international shopping of all items it would have been no problem, but I guess books are different.

I do always fill up my bag with goodies as well, thus I always regret the size and weight limit of luggage. The liquid rule makes it hard to put some items in the onboard as well (I got caught with a mochi cake once I had forgotten to eat on the plane once).

But I'll check these places out.

Probably will not return to Japan until next autumn as earliest. I could do a visit in summer but I probably wouldn't stand the famous Japan summer heat... :O
by Swede (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan grocery stores with overseas shipping 2016/3/31 19:19
Since you live in the EU, you can try https://www.japancentre.com/en

Alternatively, Tenso has a few recommendations for Japanese food places: http://www.tenso.com/en/shopping/index.html

You can also use Tenso to forward items from Amazon.
by edincoat rate this post as useful

reply to this thread