Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will i be able to fit japanese clothes? 2016/4/4 07:26
So I'm going to be taking a trip to tokyo in May and I am almost sure I won't be able to fit anything.I'm a 5'7 girl and I weight about 160 to 159lb.My shoe size is about a size 9 or sometimes an 8.5, and if I want a roomy shoe I wear a 10.I'm trying really hard to loose about 20 more pounds but I'm not sure if I'll make in time for my trip at the end of May. So any insight would be nice!also I have a curvy butt too lol,and I'm from America.
by Candycane103 (guest)  

Re: Will i be able to fit japanese clothes? 2016/4/4 12:59
Of course you will! They make clothes for sumos.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will i be able to fit japanese clothes? 2016/4/4 14:51
You'll be able to find at least some clothes, but probably not shoes (or your options will be very limited). I'm a 9 and can occasionally squeeze into LL shoes but mostly I buy shoes when I'm in my home country.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will i be able to fit japanese clothes? 2016/4/4 16:28
For clothes, I'm a size 10-12 US and I find tops that fit in Uniqlo (large or extra large), depending on the style. Uniqlo is kind of like Japan's Gap but better. Pants tend to be trickier since they seem to be into jeggings or skinny jeans so I don't bother trying them on in Japan since I'm also curvy. I find that US and UK brands are better for us curvy girls. Shoes I haven't tried. I tried looking at jewelry and japanese girls have really small fingers and wrists so that was a bust.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will i be able to fit japanese clothes? 2016/4/6 07:36
I weight 185lb and am 5ft3in, and I can buy clothes in Japan.

Most department stores like Tokyu or Aeon have clothes, coats etc to fit me, and they are fashionable. I look for the LLL section, or Women's Plus. As well like the previous poster said, Uniglo seems to have a good selection, but pants are a bit harder to find.

Your shoe size is out of range for the average Japanese with their sizes JP23, 24, 24.5, but there are specialty stores that do stock larger sizes, but they are few and far between. Sports shoes seem to be readily available at ABC - Mart.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will i be able to fit japanese clothes? 2016/4/12 01:43
I think the better question is what inseam do you wear in pants? I am 5'10", 150lbs (I wear a 36" inseam)and I can't find pants long enough for me in stores at least here in the states. So if you wear an inseam longer than 32" I would say you're probably out of luck with pants or jeans. We were the same size shoe and I've been told that I won't find too many in a US 9.

Be selective and try things on would be my advice. Just maybe stick w/tops, dresses and/or skirts.

by artemis9995 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread