Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy cast iron teapot in Sapporo? 2016/4/20 13:59
May I know where can I buy the cast iron teapot/tetsubin? Please share your knowledge on buying a good quality tetsubin. How much will it cost? I will stopover at Tokyo too. Maybe any shops in Tokyo got sell? Thank you.
by chuiji  

Re: Where to buy cast iron teapot in Sapporo? 2016/4/22 08:34
If you're traveling from Tokyo to Sapporo or vice versa, you can make a stop in Morioka for tetsubin for as far as I know, this is the tetsubin capital of Japan. The factories aren't that easy to get to from the station, but if you cross the river to Zaimoku-cho, there are a few tetsubin shops there. They range in price from Y3000 to Y10,000 and up for the large ones. The main problem is carrying them because of the weight.

Also, look inside as some are lined with enamel for the brewing of tea instead of just heating water (kyusu). Depending on what you want, you may not want the enamel.

Outside of Iwate and Yamagata, you can usually find tetsubin and kyusu at tea shops.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread