Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a new motorcycle for export in Japan 2016/4/26 15:05
I want to buy a new Honda in Japan to export to Cambodia. Importing to Cambodia isn't my worry, buying the bike is. The only sites I can find offer bikes at 20-40% more than retail price. That doesn't sound too appealing. Curious if I have to pay sales taxes, if I will export the bike. Also looking for the best price. Shipping will be secondary, but I'm less worried about that, as shipping is a fairly straight forward process. Any leads on a website, dealer, or English speaking contact info would be much appreciated. This bike is new, and readily available. Thanks in advance.
by urbanpail  

Re: Buying a new motorcycle for export in Japan 2016/4/26 21:13
you can't buy a new non-registered bike.
you buy a new bike with registration in Japan. then, erase the registration for export.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a new motorcycle for export in Japan 2016/4/27 00:08
OK. What is the best way to go about doing that? Aside from going to Japan.
by urbanpail rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a new motorcycle for export in Japan 2016/4/27 17:51
I'm not entirely sure this is the solution to your problem, but possibly..

http://www.carsfortheworld.com/default.php is an exporter of used cars/bikes but they may well be able to help. The owner, Sato san is a bike nut and should be able to assist you.
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a new motorcycle for export in Japan 2016/4/30 12:01
The question I have is why, if you're not in Japan, would you want to buy a motorcycle for export FROM there to Cambodia? Why not go to the country of origin for the motorcycle you'd like and then export from there. Or perhaps to Cambodia and then buy it in Kip and subsequently import it (good luck with THAT). Seriously, unless you're looking for a hopped up Hyabusa or something exotic, then you can buy it in the UK or US, or Canada or wherever you're typing from, and arrange shipment. Japan is notoriously expensive regarding taxes and registration fees, and most Japanese I know actually leave the country to buy big ticket items (like autos, etc, for export to a 3rd country.
by FarangInBangkok (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a new motorcycle for export in Japan 2016/4/30 12:09
Japan is the country of origin for the bike I'm looking for. The specific model, NC750X, is not sold in the USA. The bike is much cheaper in Japan than it is in neighboring Thailand. My reasoning is sound. Quite.
by urbanpail rate this post as useful

reply to this thread