Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

EMS no updated and concerned about it? 2016/5/3 01:43
Hello it is my first time buying something from Japan and I am using EMS but somehow my tracking has not been updated and I am concerned on where it is currently.

It was despatched on the 30th of April

The last updated was this:

05/01/2016 05:00 Dispatch from outward office of exchange

I'm not sure what to do as it has been a few days and I don't know if the parcel is actually in Japan or UK(I stay)

by Koolman511  

Re: EMS no updated and concerned about it...? 2016/5/3 16:46
It is very difficult to answer a quuestion without all the details. But I'd suggest to wait a little more. A day and a half isn't worth panicking about yet.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS no updated and concerned about it...? 2016/5/3 17:47
The message means it left Japan and is in transit to your country. I'd say about 2-3 days to wait, and you should get a message soon to tell you it's in your country.
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS no updated and concerned about it...? 2016/5/3 18:01
Thanks and just an update: It has arrived in UK 1/5/16 but it is now "Waiting for Customs clearance" and I was wondering how long will it take before it gets released.

I would of thought it be stuck in Japan and being delayed due to Golden Week
by Koolman511 rate this post as useful

Re: EMS no updated and concerned about it...? 2016/5/3 18:06
A day or 2 at most for customs. It depends on what the item is, (no info given). And they may want to open it and check contents. MAybe attach VAT to it and send you a letter to pay.

Most EMS stuff in the UK seems to get straight through according to reports from UK locals.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS no updated and concerned about it...? 2016/5/4 01:32
It is a few wall scrolls and a key chain but from what I read it could take weeks to stuck in this process which is a bit concerning. Though I paid for EMS and was expecting a fast delivery but that doesn't seem the case
by Koolman511 rate this post as useful

Re: EMS no updated and concerned about it...? 2016/5/4 04:18
I think you are being a bit unfair to EMS. Even when I have sent postcards back to the UK from Japan they have taken between a week & 10 days to arrive so this all seems reasonable to me. Besides they have no control over UK Customs.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread