Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/6 17:40
Dear all, is there any catholic church in Iseshima in Japan, please? We will be there in two weeks time Saturday/Sunday and I was just wondering whether there is any chance of going to church for a holy mass...? many thanks in advance
by Peter (guest)  

Re: Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/6 23:00
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/7 02:56
Thank you Ken. Can you figure out from that web page any information on the sunday mass times, or saturday vigil mass? I dont speak any japanese and even if I used google to translate the page, I could not find any useable information. Many thanks.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/7 06:44
Just to be absolutely certain, by "Iseshima", are you referring to the peninsula in Mie Prefecture (south of Nagoya), where the Ise Shrines are located? Not that I'm aware of any other Ise-shima, but it pays to be sure.

If so, I found a schedule listing a 9 A.M. Mass for the church Ken refers to - it's on the website of the Diocese of Kyōto (under whose jurisdiction Mie Prefecture, including Ise-shima, falls). Just load the page...

http://www.kyoto.catholic.jp/new/kyokai/index.html

...do a Ctrl+F search using the Japanese characters for Ise (ˆÉ¨), and you're there.

Of course, it might be best to try and contact the church directly (perhaps through your hotel if you're not a Japanese speaker) to confirm that there will be a Mass on the specific Sunday you plan to be in the area. Contact numbers are also provided on the diocesan website.

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/7 10:05
the mass at that church may be in Japanese.
in English:
at Yokka-Ichi, 13:00 PM on the third Sunday
at Matsuzaka, 14:00 PM on the first Sunday
at Tsu, 14:00 PM on the second Sunday
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/9 04:30
Thank you very much to all. So from the above, there is a 9.am mass in Japanese (every sunday) in Iseshima (yes, I meant Iseshima town in Mie prefecture in Japan) directly in the town of Iseshima ? Is that right? I dont think we will be moving around elsewhere (only a trip to Ago bay), we only stay there for two days - Saturday and Sunday. Does anyone know, is there also a vigil (Saturday evening with a validity for Sunday) mass directly in Iseshima, please? Many thanks in advance for the info.

Re: Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/9 09:16
Mind that there is no city called Iseshima. Iseshima is an informal name for a rather large area, usually supposed to include Ise-city, Toba-city, Shima-city, and other 3 towns or so.
So, depending on where you stay, it can take an hour or more by car to the church.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Catholic church in Isehshima, Japan 2016/5/9 15:24
OK, I try to be more specific - I mean ISE - city.

reply to this thread