Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/8 12:31
I am going to Tokyo in November and really want to eat at Sushi Dai. I have heard that tsukiji fish market is moving to a different location in November. Does that mean Sushi Dai will no longer be open?
by Pleebent  

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/9 00:05
Sushi Dai remains at the same place.
Tsukiji inner market moves to Toyosu in Nov, but , Tsukiji outer market still remain at the same place. Sushi Dai is in the outer market.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/9 10:53
Sushi Dai is actually located in the Inner Market, which I believe will be redeveloped after the move. It is not clear what will happen to the restaurants that are located there, but they will either have to be moved or closed permanently in November.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/9 17:46
No,no, Sushi-Dai remains at the current site.
Tsukiji innner market is prohibited to enter people without a special license.
Sushi- Dai locates in outer market where tourists can go in and out.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/9 19:01
You know just repeating something doesn't make it true. Sushi Dai is located in the Inner Market.

Most of the Inner Market is closed to tourists, or else access is limited to after 9am, but the small section of the Inner Market with two or three rows of restaurants is open to everyone, which is why tourists line up there from early in the morning.

If you actually do a search and look at a map of Tsukiji Market, you can see that the Outer Market occupies a small corner of the total market, and while there are several restaurants in the Outer Market, there are also several in the Inner Market, including Sushi Dai.

Personally I think there are far better restaurants than Sushi Dai, and it certainly isn't worth the investment of time, but YMMV.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/9 19:38
the small section of the Inner Market with two or three rows of restaurants is open to everyone

Actually looking at the map now it seems there are six rows of restaurants in the Inner Market - I haven't been there in awhile myself.

And there's actually a map of Tsukiji Market on this very website!
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3021.html
Sushi Dai is located in the area of the Inner Market marked "Restaurants."

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/10 04:10
The first time my family went to Japan, a number of years ago, we ate at Sushi Dai. My family just had to go. The food was quite good, though it was very cramped inside. And it wasn't too expensive.

However, given the amount of time we spent in line (I would say about two to three hours), we haven't been back. There are better, more civilized, places for sushi in Tokyo.

I guess it's kind of like climbing Mt. Fuji. A wise man will eat at Sushi Dai once. A foolish man will eat there twice or more.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/11 14:18
Wait!

SushiDai(ŽõŽi‘å) is NOT same sushi restaurant Tsukiji-SushiDai(’z’n‚·‚µ‘å).
ŽõŽi‘å placed only innner market and will move to new location Toyosu(–LF) right.
http://pic.pimg.tw/kunghc/4a3e45b096056.jpg
Already announced about new location(map) in Toyosu new market by poster.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgHfEHeUMAAgA4-.jpg:large

’z’n‚·‚µ‘å opened some branches only outer market no move to Toyosu.
http://www.tsukiji-sushidai.com/shop/
by Toshi_Sushi_and_Beyond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/11 14:58
I think it's obvious that OP is referring to Sushi Dai; it's the one where all the gullible tourists wait on line for four hours.

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/13 01:05
I was not planning on waiting in line for Sushi Dai, what other restaurants would you recommend at Tsukiji Market?
by Mizzle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/5/13 11:26
Sushi Sei is quite reliable, and around the same price range: http://bento.com/rev/0755.html

It's in the Outer Market, and while there are occasionally lines, they tend to move quickly.

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/8/23 12:21
Actually, the new restaurant section of the new market had a disastrous bidding process. The previous bidders all fell thru and now it has been passed on to a hot springs company. The building has therefore been delayed and won't be expected to open until 2018!

Recent tourists have reported that the chefs there told them they'll be moving with the market, but at this point, there're no details as to where they would go until the new building opens in 2018.
by guest 13333 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/8/23 12:25
I apologize, I actually found this poster on reddit. Apparently they'll be moving with the market right on time!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgHfEHeUMAAgA4-.jpg:large
by guest 13333 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/9/5 12:09
I understand there will be a delay in the relocation of the fish market. Does that mean that Sushi Dai will still be in operation at Tsukiji Market in November?
by Wayne Yu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/9/5 22:39
I love sushi I also want to try all the other dishes , however, the sushi is top
by dawdaw80 rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/9/6 21:46
The new Tokyo governor has announced the move will be delayed (local news here last week), and a decision will not be made until after ground test results are released in January. So any move is still some time away.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Eating at Sushi Dai 2016/9/7 16:12
Does that mean all the food places will still be in operation till next January 2017? If so, that will be great news for me as I planned to visit first week of November.
by Wayne Yu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread