Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Awa odori - Bus/Train Takamatsu-Tokushima 2016/5/17 17:19
hello,

This summer, i will spend time in Takamatsu during Awa odori festival in Tokushima. I would like spend one evening in Tokushima to enjoy Awa Odori.

Is there any special bus to go and come back there in the evening ? How much is it ? Is it possible de buy/book ticket the day of departure ?

Are there additional trains ? Are the time tables already published ?

Have you an advice about arrival time in Tokushima to be sure to have a good place to see the parade ?

Thank you very much.
by marieange1976  

Re: Awa odori - Bus/Train Takamatsu-Tokushima 2016/5/17 18:04
The special trains are not announced yet, probably later this month. Here are last year's: http://www.jr-shikoku.co.jp/03_news/press/15-05-22/02.htm#awaodori
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Awa odori - Bus/Train Takamatsu-Tokushima 2016/5/17 18:15
From Tokushima to Takamatsu there is only an additional limited express train leaving Tokushima at 22:41; normally the last one leaves at 22:02. There is also an additional local train on the Kotoku line leaving Tokushima at 23:45, but it only goes up to Itano.

I cannot find any information about additional buses, but maybe later.

Re: Awa odori - Bus/Train Takamatsu-Tokushima 2016/5/17 19:05
Firas , thank you for your answers.
by marieange1976 rate this post as useful

Re: Awa odori - Bus/Train Takamatsu-Tokushima 2016/5/17 21:44
I was there last August. Expect trains to be sold out.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Awa odori - Bus/Train Takamatsu-Tokushima 2016/5/18 14:19
What do you mean "sold out"? Although the page does not give details about seating, regular limited express trains between Tokushima and Takamatsu have non-reserved seats, so it seems safe to assume that the extra train has them as well.

reply to this thread