Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Time Limit on Ramen/Udon Vending Machine 2016/5/28 03:11
Hi all. I have a question regarding the Japanese Vending Machines in Japan specific to Udon & Ramen. I noticed on people's images and other websites that some of the vending machines have both a "set" and "individual/single item" selections. I was wondering does the vending machines normally have a time limit on making your selections?

In other words, lets say I wanted miso ramen, with nori, tamago, menma, and negi as toppings. Once I insert my money, and upon making my first selection, lets say in this scenario the type of ramen (Miso). If I am not quick enough to pick all the toppings I want, will the machine just spit a ticket out that shows I want miso ramen and then I would have to re-insert money to pick the toppings I want?
by Anonymous11 (guest)  

Re: Time Limit on Ramen/Udon Vending Machine 2016/5/28 11:05
No, I wouldn't think so (unless its a new machine that I haven't encountered before). Once you've put money in, you should have plenty of time to choose what you want.

But it's considered polite to know what you're going to order before you put your money in. Restaurants with machines usually have a high turn-over rate, so in order to not inconvenience customers waiting behind you, it is encouraged to use the machine quickly. So make your decision before using the machine then its a moot point.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Time Limit on Ramen/Udon Vending Machine 2016/5/30 21:08
I totally agree with the other poster, and just to add, you can also buy toppings later too.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Time Limit on Ramen/Udon Vending Machine 2016/5/31 06:30
The people in the queue waiting behind you want to use the machine also.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Time Limit on Ramen/Udon Vending Machine 2016/5/31 07:46
You can select until selection lights off.
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/fallindebu/imgs/1/6/163bea90.jpg
But time limit exist. (just No waiting so long as machine function)
This basic function is not related for Ramen/Udon type or not.

(small note)
Ramen/Udon Vending Machine is a bit wrong.
Ramen/Udon "ticket(食券/syokken)" Vending Machine is.

Real Ramen/Udon/Soba(as cooking) Vending Machine exist.
https://youtu.be/hgN9BX8aux0
(very rare calling "Showa Retro/昭和レトロ" as old tecs also culture/life styles)
by M92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time Limit on Ramen/Udon Vending Machine 2016/5/31 13:13
What a bizarre question, but I guess it's fair enough - I take a while to choose too.
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: Time Limit on Ramen/Udon Vending Machine 2016/6/1 21:53
I interpreted the question to mean that the OP is worried that the machine could time out while they are trying to figure out their selection and not allow them to add toppings or other items to their order. Its a valid concern if you aren't familiar with the system, and if that is the case then be aware that the vending machines dispense a different ticket for each item and topping. So if it does time out (and this has happened to me once or twice) you can just put the money back in and continue on ordering. Then take all your tickets to the staff and let them know what items go with what dish.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread