Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what ryokans have private baths 2005/2/16 10:01
I don't realy want to be bothered by a lot of people when taking a hot springs bath so i was wondering what hot springs inns have private baths that are also good for tourist.
by victoria  

... 2005/2/16 11:16
I would say that more than half of all inns offer the possibility to use a bath privately. You should just inquire at the individual inn.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Paying? 2005/8/5 02:01
Do we have to pay for private onsen if were staying at a hotel/ryokan?
by Bert J rate this post as useful

Baths 2005/8/5 02:11
Sawanoya Ryokan in Ueno has a public bath which u can use privately at no extra cost. I always stay here, it is cheap and great service. If u are lucky u can get one of the 2 rooms that have their own bath.

by Yom rate this post as useful

Private Baths 2005/8/5 13:44
I beleive that having a private bath is inconsiderate to other guests.The great thing about the baths stopping at Youth Hostels in Japan is between those hours you can have a bath with no delays.The last thing I want to see start is a line up.
When I come back from a day out travelling 30 minutes before the finish of bath time
I know I can have a bath.Why should I miss out because of a couple of people who are shy about going naked?
The people stopping at the ryokan/yh you will never see again.
by Glen rate this post as useful

... 2005/8/5 17:12
I beleive that having a private bath is inconsiderate to other guests.

Each accommodation is clearly determining whether a bath can be used on private basis or not. Some ryokan have several baths and allocate some of them for private use.
by Uji rate this post as useful

List of ryokan w/private baths 2007/8/4 22:35
This site has a list. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Haven't been to any of them!

http://japanhotelsonline.net/jho/sys/index.asp
by Elocker rate this post as useful

reply to this thread