Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on finding naturopathic physicians? 2016/6/18 01:36
Hello,

I would like to move back to Japan in a couple of months and I was hoping if anyone knows about doctors who are naturopathic physicians in the Kanto/ Aomori area?

I had horrible GERD and IBS issues for 14 years but found out I had Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) from doxycycline used to treat Lyme's Disease. The pain intensity became so bad in the past three years that I had to go home and find someone to treat me. I had been to various doctors and the only one who was able to diagnose me correctly was a naturopathic physician in the States. I have been healing for a couple of months through taking powerful Chinese antimicrobial herbal medicine for a month and then completely changing my diet. I'm also on a bunch of different supplements to help replace the vitamin deficiencies and regulating my digestive tract again. I'm finally at a point where I can add other foods like rice back into my diet (yay!) My naturopathic physician also had me get micronutrient testing because the lack of vitamin absorption in my gut from taking antibiotics and relying on proton pump inhibitors for about 7 years. I'm no longer on PPI's and I'm feeling a lot better than I have in a looooooong time. I'm not worried about the food in the Japan because I have lived there before and know what to expect in terms of dining out and I cook for myself. I also speak Japanese fairly well and don't need to rely on English-only speaking physicians.

I am trying to do some research on naturopathic physicians in Japan in case I need to see one for occasional check-ups or in case I get a minor infection that can be treated through effective herbal medicine instead of antibiotics. Should I also consider doctors who practice Chinese medicine? In case I get sick again, I don't want to have to rely on antibiotics in case I get a bad case of SIBO again.

Note:I am not completely opposed to going to a regular physician/ GI doctor as well. However, considering my experience that most GI's I have gone to have lacked any real knowledge in SIBO, so I would like to be able to have the choice to be able to choose which one would be right for me. But, if you have any recommendations for GI doctors who have treated SIBO, then I would be more than happy to save the name in case I need it.

Hopefully this post can also help someone who has gone through what I have gone through.
by aim135  

Re: Advice on finding naturopathic physicians? 2016/11/4 21:23
I found your post when I searched SIBO + Japan. I just moved here to Misawa AFB and have had a rough transition with concern to my dietary treatment of SIBO. Have you found anything/one to help your treatment?

Nicole
by Nicole (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on finding naturopathic physicians? 2016/11/16 12:14
Hi Nicole,

I would have to know more about your story and what's going on with you so I have a better idea to know how to help you. Please feel free to PM me if you would like.
by aim135 rate this post as useful

Re: Advice on finding naturopathic physicians? 2016/11/16 12:31
Also, Sorry I didn't respond to you sooner, but I didn't know that you commented on this thread since I posted it months ago.
by aim135 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread