Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day of Sumo Tickets for Nagoya 2016/6/19 09:38
So I tried to get tickets for 7/24 for the Sumo Tournament in Nagoya through getsumotickets.com and they sold out pretty much as soon as they went on sale. They me tuned to me that sometimes they sell tickets early in the morning at the gymnasium for that day's tournament.

Can anyone confirm this and if so, give me instructions on how to go about this?

I know with it being the final day of the tournament it will be a slim chance, but I will take any chance I can get. We will be staying overnight in Kyoto (near the station) on the 23rd. So we could try to get there as early as the trains will allow us.

Thanks for any info you can offer.
by CrymsonX  

Re: Day of Sumo Tickets for Nagoya 2016/6/23 09:13
Final day tickets - very hard. They go on sale around 8 a.m. at the venue and there could easily be people queuing before that.

Have you considered over-paying via a travel/tour company that might have a block of tickets? JTB do that in Tokyo but I am not sure about Nagoya.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Day of Sumo Tickets for Nagoya 2016/6/27 06:54
website govoyagin.com/Japan might be able to help, but as stated above, last day is often sold out. This company offers different experiences for tourists in Japan, and yes, they are sometimes a little dearer.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day of Sumo Tickets for Nagoya 2016/6/27 19:18
On the day tickets for Nagoya location is released in 7:45.
However, the number is small.
I think really if you want to see sumo, a difficult if not stayed in Nagoya from the previous day.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Day of Sumo Tickets for Nagoya 2016/7/1 02:08
Thanks to everyone for the advice.

I checked out the different tour/travel sites and they are sold out for the days we are going to be in the area.

I looked into changing hotels for the night of 2/23 to a place near the station or Gym in Nagoya, but everthing is either sold out, very over priced or the rooms are "semi-double" beds which would barely hold me let alone my wife and I.

So the current plan is to find the first train leaving from Kyoto to Nagoya, and get to the gym as early as possible. Fortunately our Kyoto hotel is literally a one minute walk from the station.

Can someone tell me where exactly the day-of tickets are sold? At the main entrance, to the right of the entrance?

Also would i be able to buy tickets for my wife and I? or will she need to be in line with me to purchase her own ticket?

Thanks again for the info!
by CrymsonX rate this post as useful

Re: Day of Sumo Tickets for Nagoya 2016/7/1 14:33
Sumo is popular right now.
It is the last day.
First train of the Shinkansen, to arrive at 6:48 in Nagoya.
People who live in Nagoya, the first train moves from an earlier time.
Perhaps, the ticket will not buy nearly.
If the hotel is high, a capsule hotel or Internet cafe, guest house, also how to stay in business hotel.
Selling time of the day ticket's seems to 8:00 instead of 7:45.
Sale at the day ticket office (Toujitsu-ken uriba,当日券売場)of the Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium front entrance left side.
If the night bus leaving the Kyoto Karasuma exit to 0:10, 5:34 to arrive in Nagoya Station.
If decided victory the day before, it might not crowded the ticket office up there.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread