Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Language Programs for Older Adults 2016/7/6 14:03
I'm interested in learning if there are Japanese language programs for older adults in Japan. I've done several searches and it seems that the bulk of programs are geared for high school and university students. I'm looking for programs geared (or at least willing) to take someone over 50.

thanks--
by absherl  

Re: Japanese Language Programs for Older Adults 2016/7/6 17:25
I have never heard of any language school with an upper age limit.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Language Programs for Older Adults 2016/7/6 17:38
Most if not all schools will be willing to take people of all ages (starting from 18). You could look up some schools and inquire what their student mix is in terms of age. It is true that many students are pre-college or college ages, as those are studying to get accepted into Japanese universities or to expand their careers.

If you are worried about the pace of the classes, maybe you could go for small classes or (if you don't need a student visa - I don't know for how long you want to study, and where you are) you could also ask for customized, one-to-one lessons. But if you are just starting from zero, then at least initially please try structured classroom lessons to get the basics.

List of accredited schools:
http://www.nisshinkyo.org/
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread