Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ramen vending machines tokyo 2005/2/27 06:31
Recommends any Ramen noodle places around major train stations (Shinjuku?) or inside department store that sell ramen though vending machine ticket.

Or any ramen shops in general you highly recommend near major train stations. I don't like to get too far from the stations.
by Ramon  

. 2005/2/27 07:31
Or any place that wouldn't be too difficult for an english chap like myself to figure out how to order.
by Ramon rate this post as useful

Ramen 2005/2/27 10:07
Ramon,

I presume you mean places where you buy a ticket from a machine first and then place this on the counter?
I can't remember the name, but I recommend the ramen restaurant at the end of the night train platforms (platform 13) at Ueno station.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2005/2/27 11:16
LOL my name just happens to be Ramon.

Thanks for the info dave, is this restaurant inside the station?

Ueno station ramen 2005/2/27 20:25
Ramon,
Yes, it's actually on the platform, so you need to have a train ticket to get there. Unlike the cheap soba/udon noodle stands you often see on station platforms, this ramen restaurant really is very good.
I found the name: it's called "Suika". There is a photo and map on the page below.
http://www.nre.co.jp/tenpo/13729.htm
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2005/2/28 03:34
Thanks I will certainly try it out. Just curious how the process works, are there pictures at the machine when ordering? and do I sit give the ticket and pay?

Also to get past the ticket gates can it just be a regular cheap JR local ticket or platform ticket?

Thank you very much, I will definatly try this place out.

Drinks 2005/2/28 03:59
Oh yes, and drinks, how does one order? If I wanted a soft-drink or coke?

LOL thanks for answering these elementry questions.

Ramon 2005/3/1 14:07
I've never been to that Suica shop, but if your aim is to find an "easy-to-order" shop, I'm not sure if vending machines are a good idea, because most machines are indicated only in Japanese letters.

On the other hand, there are many ramen shops that have photos outside the enterance or even inside the shop, and if you go to shopping archades and department stores, most restaurants have fake food figures at the enterance and you can call the waitress to point at the one you prefer.

But in any case, you can always call the waiter/waitress to the vending machines or what not and just ask for an "osusume (recommendation)" or order in international languages like "Coke" "orange juice" or "beer".
by Uco rate this post as useful

ramen machine 2008/7/24 12:34
you pick your choice of ramen and pay at the machine then you will get a receipt and hand in to the cook which is situated at the train station platform and right beside the machine.Or machine with ramen & hot water with chopstick Then ready to mix & eat while waiting for your train ride.
by paula O' rate this post as useful

very old question 2008/7/24 22:39
I'd say Ramon has figured it all out by now- he asked his question more than 3 years ago...
by SHU rate this post as useful

reply to this thread