Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gift for Japan school coordinator? 2016/8/2 02:14
Related to this old thread but couldn't reply to it anymore. Other recent threads were about souvenirs from trips abroad..please let me know if there's a similar thread
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+54295

I will be staying in Japan for a few months for student exchange and the Japan school coordinators have been so helpful in accommodating all my emails to them..I may have been too annoying for them at some point since we have our own school coordinator in our home university but still, I emailed the Japan host school directly..

Would it be alright to bring a small gift/item from my country to show my thank you for their assistance when I meet them? Also, is it customary / recommended to bring a gift from my country to other exchange students that I will meet during the program?

But really,I only plan on giving a thank you gift for the foreign student coordinators. :) Thank you in advance!
by Futsuka (guest)  

Re: Gift for Japan school coordinator? 2016/8/2 13:42
I think it's a great idea to take a small gift for your coordinator for his/her effort, but, if it's his/her duty to do so, he/her may not accept it.
The majority of exchange students will not send a gift.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread