Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/19 11:21
Hi all,

I am about to renew my spouse visa and got somehow confused. I hope you could share with me your input.
I will submit:

-Wife: family register (for my wife and me only)
-Wife: Family register (me and wife and her parents) which is like a proof that we are living together.
-Wife: Proof that she did not pay taxes last year.
-Wife: she needs to write a "letter stating why she could not pay taxes last year" (letter did not know it should be written before but the woman working in the immigration office asked me to write it).
-Wife: Proof that she didn't pay taxes last year called "”ñ‰ÛÅØ–¾‘"
- Wife: letter similar to recommendation letter saying that I am good person.

Me: Proof that I paid resident taxes and Annual Income tax Z–¯Å‚Æ”[ÅØ–¾‘
Me: ÝEØ–¾‘ document show that I have a job (taken from my company)
Me:Œ¹ò’¥Žû•[tax certificate slip (taken from my company)
Me: application form/pictures/passport copy.

My question is:
Since my wife doesn't pay taxes and my father that we live in his house does, am I supposed to submit my father in law's Resident taxes and Annual Income tax Z–¯Å‚Æ”[ÅØ–¾‘and his Recommendation letter as well?

I would appreciate your help with this. Thank you.

by thingsfallaparts (guest)  

Re: Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/19 14:03
Just submit the documents indicated on the application form or here: http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/Table3-2.html

If immigration needs something else, they will let you know.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/19 15:51
I applied last year following their guidelines and got a one year extension.

The dark side of the story is that when my father in law wrote the application form, he made a mistake. I have received no calls from them. They simply gave me one year extension again.

I am already aware of the needed documents because I checked many websites before making this post, I was asking because I needed to know what is the best option and whether if it is good to add my father in law documents or not. I

Anyway, I would like to thank you for the response. I have decided to contact a lawyer to help me with the application to avoid any mistakes again.
by thingsfallaparts (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/19 21:39
It's common to get only a one year extension at least the first two years. 1-1-3 is typical. Just because you got only a 1 year extension doesn't mean you made a mistake, or that a small mistake made a difference. If they specifically didn't ask for all those extra documents, I wouldn't bother. At least it's getting renewed every time.
by Murny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/19 22:42
if you have a firm job and your income is sufficient (more than the average of Japanese), the renewal should be easy.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/26 14:37
Thank you.
I went to a lawyer.
There are many things to do.
Anyway, thank you.
by Thingsfallaparts (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/27 01:49
I applied last year following their guidelines and got a one year extension.
The dark side of the story is that when my father in law wrote the application form, he made a mistake. I have received no calls from them. They simply gave me one year extension again.

This follows exactly as expected. To get a 3 year extension the first or second time would be fairly uncommon, as most people get at least one or more (sometimes many) one year extensions before the first three year extension is issued. If your situation hasn't changed significantly from last year, then I would probably expect another one year extension this time as well.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Spouse Visa Renewal Documents 2016/8/31 01:27
I agree with you!

My case is somehow different! They gave me one year four times in row!

According to the legal adviser, he said that they perhaps found something wrong in my case. The legal adviser verified all my documents and found that I made some mistakes in the past.

My wife decided to use her family name instead of mine after two years of our marriage. My wife got bothered when Japanese people hear her gaijin name because they kept staring at her...
We never thought this could be a problem but the lawyer said changing names is something suspicious.
There were may be other flaws. The legal adviser did an awesome job and gave me other options to fix this problem. I will get the result soon. I am quite optimistic now!

by thingsfallaparts (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread