Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

spouse visa trouble,child,divorce? 2016/8/26 04:32
Hi

My name is bambino I been married to japanese for 2 years
We had a child,but recently thing get weird.

My question what will happen if my japanese wife living in different address and also she wont support my spouse visa?

Am I will get deported?

And if I get deported what will happen with my child?

And how did my wife will get divorce if Im not in japan?

Now we are livin separately but I still give support money for my child and meet my child every week

But we are not divorce yet
by bambino (guest)  

Re: spouse visa trouble,child,divorce? 2016/8/26 12:38
Without a valid visa, there are grounds for deportation. Don't stay here illegally, that will hurt your chances of seeing your child. If you have to leave, then leave and decide your next move from there. You could come back as a tourist, or find work and get a new visa that way.

With regards to your child, talk with your wife. Has she said she wants to revoke access to the child? If not then there should be no problem, lots of divorced couples have healthy relationships with their child. If there is an issue then you should probably consult a lawyer. The situation is simply too grave for you to be taking legal advice from Japan-Guide.
by Liz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: spouse visa trouble,child,divorce? 2016/8/26 13:14
Sorry to hear of your situation. The following is what I know (but I am not a lawyer):

If you are living separately, and your wife does not help you with your spouse resident status extension, you cannot renew/extend your spouse status when your current status expires. So be careful not to overstay your current resident status.

But even if you get divorced, you might be able to apply for Long-term Resident status, on the ground that you need to be in Japan to support your child (if that is the case).

Did you get married according to the Japanese law? Then if you agree to the divorce, reporting to the city hall with divorce filing paper with "stamps" from both of you will dissolve the marriage. But before that, (even if you agree to the divorce) you would want to discuss custody and other important matters with her.

You should consult a lawyer. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread