Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

asian with english degree 2016/8/26 11:54
I have an English literature degree and years of teaching as well as writing experience. However, I'm not by any means native speaker of English. I don't even look like westerners. Do you think Japanese language institutions will hire me in spite of me being Asian?
by Indah (guest)  

Re: asian with english degree 2016/8/26 12:26
What kind of job are you looking for?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: asian with english degree 2016/8/26 12:48
I am assuming you are looking for an English teaching position. Some schools hire non native speakers of English as teachers too. If you have been educated "in" the English language (as against taking English language lessons) for many years, you might even be considered native equivalent.

When you say you "have an English literature degree," was that as English literature taught in your language/taught by a professor using your language? And "years of teaching" means teaching English to non-native speakers of English?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: asian with english degree 2016/8/26 21:29
I'm aiming for teaching position.

Some of the lecturers are non-native but of course it was taught in full English. And yes, I taught English to non-native students.
by Indah (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread