Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about Japanese karaoke? 2016/8/26 17:21
Where does the food come from ?
Manga kisaten ? internet cafe also has huge list of foods and dessert.
Are the foods cooked inside the karaoke and manga kisaten building ? Or are they just ordering food from delivery stores near by which are available to order when you are in a Japanese home as well ?

Most of the karaoke places require customers to drink at least 1 drink ? Are the drink bar a lot cheaper ?

Are there books to check out the song list instead of just the remote controller ?
I tried the remote controller once , (not in Japan) and not everything was in English to know what is the button for stop and reserve ,start,and the pitch(key).
Sometimes the remote controller wants me to type it in
Singer name and sometimes the song name. Or else the result won't show up.

Justin bieber - list of his songs will show up but not for few songs.
If I search for his specific song it will show up.

Do all of the karaoke and manga kisaten require me to show my identification ? Has to be passport nothing else ?
It's kind of strange that these two places would ask for identification when it's just a place to enjoy.
Like if I was trying to become a member then I might have to though.
by Travelernow  

Re: Questions about Japanese karaoke? 2016/8/26 23:16
Karaoke and Manga kissa have a small/mid-size kitchen there inside. Those menus are all frozen food, so the staff there heat up with microwave, oven and/or fryer as you order. They do not hire a professional cooker.

Karaoke shops earn from drink orders.

The book list was available ages ago but not recent days. They are all up on screen and choose whatever songs you like to sing.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about Japanese karaoke? 2016/8/27 10:59
Most of the karaoke places require customers to drink at least 1 drink ? Are the drink bar a lot cheaper ?

Depends on how much/what you typically drink on a night out at karaoke. But to generalize, all you can drink plans typically pay off if you drink 3-4 alcoholic drinks, while soft drink bar usually pays off with around two drinks.

Are there books to check out the song list instead of just the remote controller ?

If the books are not in the room you can ask at the front desk, they often have a copy or two to check out.

Do all of the karaoke and manga kisaten require me to show my identification ? Has to be passport nothing else ?

No, not all ask for id. Actually I've never been id's at either. Perhaps they only do it if you look underage and are potentially out past curfew?

It's kind of strange that these two places would ask for identification when it's just a place to enjoy.

Well they do serve alcohol. Not sure where you are from, but in some countries this would necessitate that they check id. I think the curfew issue may be of bigger concern to them though.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about Japanese karaoke? 2016/8/27 13:01
Sounds like you are just looking at "factory" karaoke options (BigEcho, Joy Sound). There are other karaoke options where drinks/food are optional. Using the song book might sound like an option, but the controllers have an English option.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about Japanese karaoke? 2016/8/27 13:11
Thank you so much. Can't find the answers for these easily on the internet.

by Travelernow rate this post as useful

reply to this thread