Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Living and working in Japan? 2016/8/28 04:06
Hello, my name is Justin currently i'm an university student major in multimedia, i want to know how much is the living cost in Japan especially in tokyo and kyoto, and also as a foreigner how can i find a job in Japan as a photographer or videographer as a fresh graduate with experience
by Justin Valentine  

Re: Living and working in Japan? 2016/8/29 08:23
You would need to find a company in Japan willing to hire you and sponsor your visa.

Given that your skillset could presumably be found in the domestic population, I don't think there is much chance.

An alternative would be to come to Japan through a more conventional route (e.g. teaching English), and then try to transition, once you've built up sufficient contacts in country.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Living and working in Japan? 2016/8/29 08:42
Given that your skillset could presumably be found in the domestic population, I don't think there is much chance.

Does anybody actually believe this nonsense?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Living and working in Japan? 2016/8/29 10:13
Fresh grad with experience - how much experience?

Living costs - many people manage on Y200,000 per month - some work with less - depends how frugal you want to be.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Living and working in Japan? 2016/8/29 10:18
Firas;
How many companies do you see advertising for foreign photographers? Must be a whole lot more than I see.

Go check gaijinpot - where most foreigners would start their search. I'll wait.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread