Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spouse of a Japanese National Visa 2016/9/1 07:32
Hello,

I'm a Turkish citizen and my wife is Japanese. We just got married last month but we've been engaged for almost 4 years. I know it sounds weird but we moved a lot and we just didn't have the chance to get married.

We want to move to Japan and live there. She is living with me here in Turkey at the moment and she's going to Japan in a week. I quit my job here as of today, so we are both jobless. She's planning to find a job as soon as she goes back. We could live in her parents house for a while so we won't really have financial problem much (they love me btw ^^).

Obviously I'll apply for Spouse Visa but our problem is that since she doesn't have a stable income she can't be the guarantor for my visa. I searched a lot on internet and saw people having spouse's parents as guarantor but my parents in law are retired and doesn't really have a good financial status.

So my question is, can I get a Spouse visa and if I can, how difficult it'd be?

Thanks for your replies in advance...
by okose  

Re: Spouse of a Japanese National Visa 2016/9/1 17:01
No one can assure you except the Immigration whether your Spouse Visa will be approve.

As long as you get all the required documents done correctly, able to show that it is a genuine marriage and have your in-laws as guarantor, the possibility is high.

I came to Japan, married my wife, at that time both of us are not in employment. Father-in-laws act as guarantor, we submit the necessary documents and without much problem received my COE, then spouse visa within 3 months.

That again, everyone situation is different, only the Immigration can decide.

Just so you know, you either apply for Spouse Visa from outside Japan (COE route) or through Change of Status if in application within Japan.

Congratulation and Good luck.
by ..@ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of a Japanese National Visa 2016/9/1 18:25
Thank you for your answer.

Is it any faster if I apply for visa status change or is it same as getting CoA?
by okose rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse of a Japanese National Visa 2016/9/1 20:20
This was my experience when I (Japanese, freelance/temporary worker) had unstable income, and my non-Japanese spouse was made redundant:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+135885

There was another thread recently, though this was about renewal:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+148964

Having a "stable" financial situation is what Immigration wants to see.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread