Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

learning japanese 2016/9/4 17:28
hello,
My name is Kay de deurwaerdere and i am from belgium.
i always loved the asian kanji and words and finally when i grew up to 20 i found out i want to move to Japan.
My first problem i am facing is the language, i don't know what to buy and how i would learn Japanese the best.
Offcourse i can say that i know like the basic words in japanese like konichiwa,suidamase if i remember correct, arrigato. but their it stops allready :p
I hope someone can help me with this.
The culture wouldn't be to much of a problem i guess because as i saw the laws and what the Japanese people do from time to time, i was like ye thats me all the time.
I don't fit in the european society.

sincerly
Kay de deurwaerdere
by kay ded  

Re: learning japanese 2016/10/13 20:14
Japanese people have to learn English from junior high school. They can understand basic English. Please do not worry.
by Parthkun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: learning japanese 2016/10/14 22:09
even if you are fluent in Japanese, you cant just leave and go live in Japan...
by booger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: learning japanese 2016/10/14 22:43
Rather than the language, you'd need to think about what you want to do in Japan when you "move" here. What career do you want to pursue? You should think about that. And also for "moving," the visa issue is always there - in order for you to move and live here, you would need to find some way to earn your living, a job, so you would want to make sure you fulfill the immigration requirement for a work visa, which is either a bachelor's degree, several or more years of relevant work experience, or very specialized skill & knowledge (such as trained as chef in Belgian cuisine, in your case). Please think about that first.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: learning japanese 2016/10/17 17:55
You can work in Japan as a translator (your language to Japanese). Or you can come first as vacation. I guess some translation company or trade company want your language skill.
by Parthkun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: learning japanese 2016/10/27 21:33
There should be many on the net, such as
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/radio/japanese/201603250600/
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread