Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tax return 'i-nin-jo' (letter of attorney) 2016/9/6 14:48
"If you turn in your tax return by yourself and are due to receive a tax refund, you will need to appoint a tax official, or someone else, to be your representative in order to receive your reimbursement by submitting a gi-nin-joh (letter of attorney) when you file your taxes before you leave."

I picked up the above information a while back from some web site, possible here.

Where can I find more info about the ininjo and the process of setting this up?
by Anon (guest)  

Re: Tax return 'i-nin-jo' (letter of attorney) 2016/9/7 17:42
Have you already left Japan?
Did you close your Japanese bank account?
by Naoki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax return 'i-nin-jo' (letter of attorney) 2016/9/8 02:11
post again. (the answer was already posted yesterday.)
the precise name is ”[ÅŠÇ—l.
https://www.nta.go.jp/tetsuzuki/shinsei/annai/shinkoku/annai/07.htm
the form is:
https://www.nta.go.jp/tetsuzuki/shinsei/annai/shinkoku/pdf/h28/08.pdf

but, it may not necessary, if you keep the bank account. you can send the tax return from oversea by air mail.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax return 'i-nin-jo' (letter of attorney) 2016/9/8 09:38
Ken

Thanks, but I won't be in Japan then.

As far as I know my plan just now I will leave Japan before my tax refund is paid into my bank (by 2-3 months or so).

I will leave my account open in order to clear all oustanding bills, but this would still leave me overseas at the time my tax refund goes into my account in Japan.

So, how could I access that and have it transferred overseas without being in Japan?
by Anon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax return 'i-nin-jo' (letter of attorney) 2016/9/8 21:16
1. If you appoint a person who takes care of your tax matters before your departure, tax refund will be deposited to that person's account, then that person will transfer the money to you. In this case, due date for filing is March 15 of the following year.

2. If you don't appoint a person who takes care of your tax matters, it says that you must file the tax and if you owe tax, you pay the tax before your departure. In case of refund, it doesn't say that the tax office pay you right away, but you can ask them about your leaving Japan on such such day.

I would like to give you the site, but it says "Copyright xxxxx" so I am not sure.

by Naoki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax return 'i-nin-jo' (letter of attorney) 2016/9/9 17:16
about bank account,
if you have a contract with your bank so called as "internet banking", you can access your account from overseas.
but, generally speaking, you may not wire-transfer your money in Japanese bank to your foreign account, by internet banking. (it depends on banks.)
if you have a debt card of the bank, it may work in your country.

generally, tax return is done between Feb. 16 and March 15.
if you are thinking tax return of 2016, you can file between those days in 2017. (you can't do right now.)
the forms for 2016 income taxation will be uploaded in ‘Å’¡ homepage, in January 2017.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread