Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Eating insects in nagano 2016/9/10 05:16
I will be visiting Nagano in a few weeks, and I would like to try out insects for dinner.
As I will be there for only one evening, I really am afraid I might not find a restaurant serving insects and will lose my chance of trying them.

What I would like to try are: (I hope I'm not mistaken with the names...)
Inago - Candied Grasshopper
Hachinnoko - bee larva

Do you know of an any particular restaurant or food street where I could find these dishes? Preferably in a walking distance from Nagano Station.

Thanks in advance
by Nikitaga  

Re: Eating insects in nagano 2016/9/10 14:33
I don't think you need to go to a restaurant to eat those foods. If they serve them, it will be a side dishes in small portion. You can buy them at a supermarket or a local food shop. I am not from Nagano, but I have seen those foods in my hometown and in Tokyo.

They are sold in a package or jar. One package 50 g 279 yen for inago, Hachinoko in a jar 80 g 1100 yen according to one internet site.

You can find a shop in Nagano station, where you can find local stuff according to the site.
by Naoki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating insects in nagano 2016/9/10 19:55
I see...

Thank you :)
by Nikitaga rate this post as useful

Re: Eating insects in nagano 2016/9/10 20:09
by kms (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Eating insects in nagano 2016/9/13 08:12
Actually this restaurant seems perfect, with a dedicated "tastings" menu.

I think I will go there. Thank you!
by Nikitaga rate this post as useful

reply to this thread