Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good bar to meet people 2016/9/17 17:05
I'm visiting for a few weeks in Tokyo currently.
Come next year I'll actually be moving over, as of now I only know my fiancee and her friends.
What is a good bar for a gaijin to go and meet new people (locals and other gaijin).
So far I've been to Hub in Shibuya (I liked it) and Lads in Shibuya (meh).

This weekend I'm going to go Shinjuku or Roppongi by myself while she works to give them a try.
Any advice is welcome.
by Rutherford  

Re: Good bar to meet people 2016/9/18 06:26
I only go to bars once in a blue moon, but often when I walk by I notice that there is an unusually balanced mix of locals and foreigners in Scramble. It's underneath the rail bridge on the east side of Shibuya crossing.

If you're willing to give up on meeting other foreigners then I'm sure you know that there are heaps of places you could go that are nicer the the Hub. My experience has been that places you go to meet foreigners are generally garbage.
by Liz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good bar to meet people 2016/9/18 07:55
I'll take a look at Scramble.
As of now I'm not at a high enough Japanese language level to go to a purely local location by myself (in my opinion at least).
by Rutherford rate this post as useful

Re: Good bar to meet people 2016/9/23 04:59
If you are a beer drinker, craft beer bars are great places, where a good mix of foreigners and locals gather.

http://www.timeout.com/tokyo/bars-and-pubs/tokyo-best-craft-beer-bars

by Taco Grande (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good bar to meet people 2016/9/23 13:05
Among craft-beer bars, Hopscotch in Iidabashi usually has a contingent of foreign patrons, as it's located next to a language school: http://beerbarsjapan.com/venues/4596.html

by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread