Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

japanese language schools in montreal 2005/3/21 01:43
hi!! im trying to find a school where i can learn japanese in montreal because learning by myself isnt so effective. If someone finds information on this or knows websites that would be usefull for me, please tell me! thanks for your help...
by $ocial+Riot+Machine$  

we're in the same boat 2005/3/28 17:13
vanier college offers beginners Japanese level 1 (for sure) and maybe level 2 (it's on and off).
it's part of continuing education, taught by Noriko Oi.
she's really good. i took level 1 in 2001, went broke so couldn't continue to level 2 (which was being offered the following semester) to make a long story short i need to brush up and re-learn some things...but i can't retake her class as it conflicts with my work. Whaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaha :( so i'm stuck, i can't seem to find any other place that gives a decent level 1 class (don't bother with dawson's cont. ed. japanese level 1 class, i checked it out and it doesn't even come close to what you'll learn in vanier's).
hope that was of some help
by la_ptite_vache rate this post as useful

Hello 2005/4/19 21:43
Hey at Vanier it's only for people like 18+ right? Is there I place where I can learn Japanese but for people around my age (I'm 14)? Please someone help me ;_;
by Killer_rabbid_Bunny X rate this post as useful

Japanese at Vanier 2005/4/28 13:35
I also took Japanese 1 at Vanier and thought it was very good.

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough people for level 2 the following semester.
Many take a non-credit class and give up quick because they don't apply themselves.

You don't have to be 18+ to take a non-credit class at Vanier as some younger students took the class.

The teacher (Noriko Oi) was really good as well.

I'm also looking to take level 2 somewhere.... help!

BTW, I believe there's a Japanese cultural centre in Montreal that offers occasional classes. Maybe the consulate could help you.

by Scotty rate this post as useful

Japanese course 2005/5/14 15:05
I don´t know about the dates, but I´m pretty sure that Concordia offers Japanese courses, I think mcgill does too.

check their webs to make sure =)
by Pablo rate this post as useful

Japanese Language courses 2005/6/5 15:15
Konban wa!

I took 3 sessions at McGill 10 years ago, but I understand the program was dropped. The JCCM offers classes through some of its connections :
Japanese Canadian Cultural Center of Montreal Inc
(514) 728-1996
8155 RUE ROUSSELOT
MONTRÉAL, QC
The Center is also a good place to come in contact with Japanese, Nisei and people with vaying interests in the language and culture. I recently took a 2-week tour of Japan through the Japan-Canada Society of Montreal. It was excellent.

Here also is a list of language schools in the Montreal area.

Good luck !
by GeorgesE rate this post as useful

canada college 2005/8/21 06:31
I know they offer Japanese courses at Canada College of Education. It's a private language institute on Peel and St-Catherine, right in the heart of downtown Montreal. I took the level one and two classes they offer and they were the best. The prices are unbelievably cheap, which is good for poor university students like me. I got a job offer in Japan based on what I learned there. Check out their website. www.collegecanada.com
Have fun!!!!
by spacemanspiff rate this post as useful

Mary Mount High School 2005/9/8 10:51
Mary Mount High School at 5100 cote-st-luc.
this is where the japanese community offers saturday morning classes for their kids and they also offer decent japanese classes (5 levels) mixing grammar, conversation and kenji from early class.
by vince rate this post as useful

Website 2006/6/7 23:13
I was wondering if the Japanese Canadian Cultural Center of Montreal Inc has a website i could go check out.
by Alain rate this post as useful

website 2006/8/23 01:23
classes can be found here: http://montreal.craigslist.org/lss/178329589.html
There isnt much time so inscribe quickly.
by Chloe rate this post as useful

canada college 2007/8/10 02:49
I'm sorry to revive this thread, but I just wanted to mention that the classes at Canada College are very affordable and very good quality. I've been there for 3 months and going back in January 2008.

http://www.collegecanada.com/index_en.php
by jeff rate this post as useful

Dawson~Noriko Oi 2007/11/8 04:50
Well, about Noriko Oi who use to teach at Vanier, she now teaches at Dawson. She's my Japanese teacher and she's really good!
I suggest you try and get her as your teacher.
Not only does she teach at Dawson but she also teaches at the Japanese Culture Center of Montreal.
So you can get her there.
(By the way she's only a LVL 1 teacher...I think...)
*Hope this was of some help!*

~Tami~
by Tamara rate this post as useful

reply to this thread