Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone bring durian onboard to Tokyo? 2016/9/20 18:57
Hi everyone, I would like to ask whether have any friends of yours brought you durian from Singapore to Tokyo? I would like to surprise my friend (my friends like it) but I'm not sure whether is it possible or whether am I allow to bring it over?

I will vacuum-packed the durian & put them into checked in luggage to make sure that there wont be any smell.

If not possible, is there any place in Tokyo do sell durians?

Thank You
by jhpenny  

Re: Anyone bring durian onboard to Tokyo? 2016/9/21 10:54
You can't bring fresh fruit into Japan
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone bring durian onboard to Tokyo? 2016/9/21 20:34
Durians are very rarely sold in Japan, but is slightly increasing, yet expensive.

I've seen people sneak tropical fruits into Japan, but never a fresh durian. If you bring a durian, it would be a huuuge surprise.

But you know what? You can surprise your friend enough just by bringing in durian-flavored sweets such as cookies (which are indeed legal AND extremely rare). They're even sold at a lot of SE Asian airports.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone bring durian onboard to Tokyo? 2016/9/21 21:39
If not possible, is there any place in Tokyo do sell durians?

Yes, you can buy durians at the Thai Festival in Yoyogi Park in May.

If it's not festival time, you can buy them at Asia Super Store in Okubo http://www.bento.com/rev/4112.html

I'm not sure that they're always available there, so you might want to call ahead to ask....
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone bring durian onboard to Tokyo? 2016/9/28 10:43
by Zarf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread