Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying apartment in inaka 2016/9/23 05:18
Hi forum, thanks for your help in advance.

I'd like to buy an apartment for cash in a small town about 1,5hrs by Shinkansen from he big city.
My Japanese is basic and as expected nobody in the agency speaks English.
Anybody was in the same situation? Or knows smbd who was?
I understand that they want me to appoint an agent and to get an intermediary company for escrow. Anyone can recommend anyone who helps foreigners in is situations? My google search points me to Tokyo real estate agencies and I'm not after anything that fancy really.
Thanks in advance.
by E21st  

Re: Buying apartment in inaka 2016/9/23 11:11
1.5 hours by shinkansen from a big city basically includes the majority of Japan, so first step would be to settle on an area. Then you can start looking for local agents to help you in your search. However, if you don't have the language ability to deal directly with them then it may be btter to go via a Tokyo agent as an intermediary. Nothing too fancy about that as Tokyo is where you'd expect the agents to be considering there is not a big market for foreigners looking to buy real estate in Japan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread