Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Parking bike at train station 2016/10/14 15:04
Can you leave your bike at the trains stations for free? I live in Toyama and most of the train stations are covered areas for bikes. There's no bike parking machine or anything though. Can I leave my bike here for free when I go to ride the train? Most of the bikes there all have stickers on them. I donft know if they are parking stickers, school stickers, etc. I donft want to leave my bike there only to have a ticket when I come back. The station nearest me is not always manned. By the time I take the train itfs too late and the staff are not there.
by Bike Parking (guest)  

Re: Parking bike at train station 2016/10/15 01:46
Usually there are parking lots for bicycles and it costs 100 Yen per day only. If you park at non-parking areas your bicycle will be removed and you have to pay some fine to reclaim it, in Tokyo the fine is 5000 Yen, very expensive!!!
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Parking bike at train station 2016/10/15 03:19
By the looks of this blog (which I no connection with) the parking under the station is free. https://nbjbr5.wordpress.com/2016/06/25/22nd-june-2016-toyama-%E5%AF%8... The stickers you mention may well be to show that the bicycle has been registered with the police as shown here. http://www.tokyobybike.com/2013/11/how-to-register-your-bicycle-in-jap...
by Stan Norrell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Parking bike at train station 2016/10/15 09:15
You should ask a uniformed person there, such as a station staff or a police-person. There must be some place to park if there is not enough public transportation.

Otherwise, a lot of people park at a shopping center and walk from there, and then shop at the center on their way home - which is not really encouraged if you're going to park for long hours.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread