Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Doing Other work outside Workplace 2016/10/15 22:23
Hello,
I am an English ConversationTeacher here with a valid working visa. My question is, am I legally allowed to work outside my company who sponsored my visa? I am basically gonna do some kind of teaching for halloween. Its run by a foundation. And I will only have like 2-3 sessions with them. And I will receive some honorarium. However, I havent said anything to my employer yet. Although, my employer would likely allow me to, I am kind of worried about visa restrictions.

Thanks a lot. Any response is highly appreciated.

by rizawesome  

Re: Doing Other work outside Workplace 2016/10/16 08:35
As long as it's within the scope of your current status, no problem.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Doing Other work outside Workplace 2016/10/17 13:13
I'm not sure about the legality or how enforceable it is, but some companies have clauses written into their employment contracts about outside work. It will sometimes states that you are only to work for the company for which you've signed the contract and that your contract with the company can be terminated if you are found to be doing work outside that company.
by Goober (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread