Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsumoto a good stop? 2016/10/17 15:39
I intend to spend the morning in Shirakawago and head back to Shinjuku by night. Is it worthwhile and is there time to stop by Matsumoto to view the Castle?
by HyperMulan  

Re: Matsumoto a good stop? 2016/10/18 04:46
It is one of the better castles IMO with a good collection of artifacts. It would take 2 hours tops to see it, I wouldnt bother with the nearby museum if you are pressed for time because everything is in Japanese. It is worth looking at for sure.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto a good stop? 2016/10/18 08:25
in my opinion it is the best of all original preserved castles.
also matsumoto is a nice small town for a stroll (you can eat horse meet specialities and can stay there overnight in some very nice onsen that are near (see shirahone for example:
https://www.google.at/search?q=shirahone&client=opera&hs=YKe&source=ln...
)
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto a good stop? 2016/10/18 11:47
Hi,
Thank you for the prompt responses. It's just that my plan for the day was to check out of Kanazawa in the morning and visit Shirakawago before noon.
My hotel for that night is booked at Shinjuku.
I think i can choose to visit one place before reaching Tokyo. Am planning the route and wondering where.......
Toyama?
Matsumoto?
Other ideas?

Thanks again.
by HyperMulan rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto a good stop? 2016/10/18 16:26
I visited Matsumoto castle in April and was simply magnificent...
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto a good stop? 2016/10/18 23:40

It's just that my plan for the day was to check out of Kanazawa in the morning and visit Shirakawago before noon.
My hotel for that night is booked at Shinjuku.

sounds like a stressfull day. not much time for matsumoto. i would calculate at least 2h for it.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Matsumoto a good stop? 2016/10/21 14:26
Hello,

So if I leave Shirakawago at noon, do you all think I could reach Matsumoto, visit the Castle take some pictures from the grounds outside before sunset? I don't have a fixed arrival time in Shinjuku.

Also does anyone know which part of the train ride from that area is the scenic one? Heard something about coming out if a tunnel.....
by HyperMulan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread