Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What TV channel(s) is the Japan Series on? 2016/10/20 22:22
I'm trying to follow Japanese baseball a little but can never seem to find any listings saying what channels on TV are showing the games. I just head to a bar and see if its on!

I figured that the Japan Series being the climax of the sporting year in Japan it would be clearly listed somewhere... but even searching in Japanese it seems hard to figure out.

Maybe multiple networks have rights to show different games?

I think the first game on Saturday Oct 22nd is on Fuji TV by the looks of it.

Can't find much info on the others... BS maybe?

Live sport on TV in Japan is nowhere near as well done as in countries like the States, UK or Australia... but the food and the trains are pretty good I suppose. ;)
by Gunma Will (guest)  

Re: What TV channel(s) is the Japan Series on? 2016/10/21 12:50
I recently spent several months in Japan and had no problem checking game times on the TV page of either Japan News or Japan Times papers.
I think their coverage of live sport is ok (baseball, golf, soccer) it is just that if you come from Australia we are spoilt by the excellent standard of live sport tv coverage.
Rather than go to a bar, go to a game- the atmosphere is sensational, and the the beer service by lovely young ladies is service extraordinaire!
by couldabeen rate this post as useful

Re: What TV channel(s) is the Japan Series on? 2016/10/21 14:16
NPB official web announced already.
http://npb.jp/nippons/2016/information.html
22 is "TBS" NOT "Fuji".
Fuji is on 23 Sunday.
All night games 18:30 starts.

If living in Gunma all same channel number of Tokyo.
http://skyskysky1.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2014/10/22/145009

You could get easy below 4 words also reading by Google translate.
・日本シリーズ
・テレビ
・放送局
・チャンネル
by Linamin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What TV channel(s) is the Japan Series on? 2016/10/21 18:24
Many thanks for the NPB link! That is exactly what I was after.

I did google using Japanese but maybe I was half asleep when I was trying to do it. Thanks for the correction for Saturday too!

Coudabeen is right though... live baseball is much more fun. But quite a trek to either Hiroshima or Sapporo and don't fancy my chances of getting a ticket for these games! ;)

What I think the TV coverage lacks in Japan is a bit of analysis. The actual game is covered fine, but then when it's over they often cut straight to commercial, on terrestrial channels anyway.

I'm actually from the UK so was spoiled with the likes of the BBC and Sky Sports etc at home.

Cheers for the info both. Go Carps!
by Gunma Will (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What TV channel(s) is the Japan Series on? 2016/10/23 12:42
Are the games streamed online so I can watch them in the U.S.? If so what is the website?
by Russell (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread