Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long your PR Application process took? 2016/10/21 01:52
Hi all, the immigration website says the application process takes about six months. I heard that some people hear quickly from them while others wait longer than a year. I am wondering how long your permanent residence application process took before you hear the result?
If you know how long it took from others for their application to be processed, please don't hesitate to share as well.I am just interested to know how things work in Japan.
Thank you
by Youtuber (guest)  

Re: How long your PR Application process took? 2016/10/21 11:08
For me and one other friend, it took 4-5 months. Another friend is going on 9 months and still waiting. I've heard of it taking as little as 2 months, but that wasn't someone I knew personally. I think a lot of it has to do with your personal situation and how much they have to look into- I've been stably employed at the same place for 6 years, whereas the friend still waiting has job-hopped a lot. The person who said it only took 2 for him had spent almost his whole time here at the same big-name company. How busy they are at the time also plays a role. I get the impression that it's just one relatively small office handling all the requests.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread