Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Short-term gym in Osaka 2016/11/10 18:20
Hi,

I will be staying in Osaka for a couple of months and would like to make use of a gym. Only twice a week using treadmill, resistence machines, and some weights.

Are there any gyms that allow foreigners to pay per visit or must I sign up for a membership and then cancel? Public gyms are fine if they allow foreigners.

My Japanese language skill is basic to intermediate.

This has been asked many times on the internet, I have searched :-), but alot of the replies are quite old now so I'm hoping someone out there has more recent knowledge or recommendations.

Thank you.
by SZQ  

Re: Short-term gym in Osaka 2016/11/11 10:44
Konami has pay per visit plans

https://www.konami.com/sportsclub/riyo/plan.php
Click on the big blue tab that says 都度利用プラン

There are several Konami clubs all around, depending on the facilities they are ranked as category I, II, III or IV
One visit to a category I is 1836 yen, to a category IV it's 2376 yen.

I'm sure there are more gyms that allow this, but this is the one that I know of!
by ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Short-term gym in Osaka 2016/11/11 11:21
Thank you Ruby for your reply and suggestion!

I will check them out although that is eye-wateringly expensive. Maybe try just once :-)

Also found out that Spa World has a gym that I think is free to use after paying the admission fee of 1200Y (promotion price).

Thanks
by SZQ rate this post as useful

Re: Short-term gym in Osaka 2016/11/11 15:34
every city have public gym provided by the city .. the fees varies from city to city...you can only pay 300yen for one time. private gym is more expensive.. . you dont really need japanese lanugage to join.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Short-term gym in Osaka 2016/11/11 20:27
Thanks! As you said, there are quite a few public gyms around. I will try to visit them tomorrow.

I was a little worried that they may not accept foreign tourists or require good Japanese skills so they can explain the equipment to you. We'll see..

Thanks again.
by SZQ rate this post as useful

reply to this thread